The Rangers Saga and Fallout Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
A must-watch. Brings tears to my eyes.

:D

The dive at the end is beyond amazing! Should be the football illustration of the problem of Rangers

Love the idea that Rangers think they can quit the SPL, wont help the business if it cannot operate in the environment it needs to (why would the scottish league accept them or any English league)...

Be amusing to see Rangers end up in the Northern Irish 2nd division or something stupid like that just to operate as a football club at all

Last edited:

Gav

Gav

Associate
Who do you think sent bullets to Lennon?

Maybe it was someone from Stokes fathers pub?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/s...d-of-queen-s-visit-to-ireland-86908-23046838/

THREE people have been arrested after ammunition was seized in a pub ordered to remove a 40ft banner barring the Queen during her state visit to Ireland.

Pub owner John Stokes, 55, and his wife Joan, 54 - the parents of Celtic player Anthony Stokes - were being questioned tonight. The other man held was Paul Byrne, 46 - Anthony's uncle.
All three are being detained under Section 30 of the Offences Against the State Act at Store Street, Bridewell and Whitehall Garda stations.

Soldato
Brian Kennedy now reported to be talking to the Blue Knights about a joint bid with Ticketus now withdrawing, saying that it was unlikely they'd make any money out of any bids.

Probably the best (only?) option for Rangers at the moment since they don't want to liquidate the club, even if the Blue Knights contain people responsible for the problems in the first place.

Soldato
Problem is they still have to deal with Whyte, and he's going to want his chunk of change, they can have 10-15m to offer to creditors on a CVA but then potentially Whyte could ask for as much as 30m on top of it, it wont make much difference, liquidation is still the only game in town.

Soldato
Sally's defiance today against his outing comments is hillarious.

I must admit, until a few days ago when he lost his cool around the panel, I had a lot of respect for the way he has kept composed and professional throughout the whole process.

Associate
Sally's defiance today against his outing comments is hillarious.

I must admit, until a few days ago when he lost his cool around the panel, I had a lot of respect for the way he has kept composed and professional throughout the whole process.

He is being dragged down by those around him ;)

Sandy Jardine leading a meeting with groups to "impose sanctions on clubs that Rangers deem have wronged them" LOL.

So who do we have...
Celtic - not paying for tickets up front, which isnt standard practice afaik.
Dundee Utd - reporting Rangers to SFA for unpaid ticket money

What other clubs are making the list? Or are all SPL clubs being added?

Soldato
He is being dragged down by those around him ;)

Sandy Jardine leading a meeting with groups to "impose sanctions on clubs that Rangers deem have wronged them" LOL.

So who do we have...
Celtic - not paying for tickets up front, which isnt standard practice afaik.
Dundee Utd - reporting Rangers to SFA for unpaid ticket money

What other clubs are making the list? Or are all SPL clubs being added?

"Standard practice"? What rule is that exactly?

Not paying upfront is materially different defaulting on a payment.

Associate
"Standard practice"? What rule is that exactly?

Not paying upfront is materially different defaulting on a payment.

I agree, but pretty sure Rangers were annoyed that Celtic didnt pay up front for tickets which they used to do. Once Rangers entered administration, Celtic went back to only paying on the due date, which is 2wks after the game has taken place.

Soldato
Have to wonder if it isn't worth Gers just starting again in Div 3. If the vote is approved for the new rules

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/17892984

So if Rangers were a newco they'll have 160K fine no players for a year (unless free transfers from youth team) and if they are invited to premier league they'll have -10 point deduction for 2 years and 75% reduction in funding + 3 year ban from europe in any case.

I wonder what the SFL would offer a newco with 20-25K (conservative estimate) supporters?

I can't see Whyte handing over his shares nor can I see HMRC accepting 10p (or 5p) in the pound either. It's clear SPL will want to punish yet keep Rangers in the SPL so Miller's got no chance either.

Then there's the EBT case which has been "imminent" since Nov 2011 (does anyone have a and official date for the findings and award not from Joe Blogger?)

Would SFA/SPL want further sanctions which again might push Rangers to the SFL?

Any sanctions by SPL clubs will definitely be hit by "sanctions" from a large section of the away support. As was demostrated by the 8000 fans who walked on hampden (with not 1 arrest i might add.)

Also like the analogy from a caller to superscoreboard saying Rangers being punished is like being fined for your house being burgled.

Do other companies in adminstration get punitive damages lumped on them as well should they survive or even start again? How does it work?

Last edited:
Soldato
Also like the analogy from a caller to superscoreboard saying Rangers being punished is like being fined for your house being burgled.

That analogy is useless. You don't participate in a League and knowingly break the rules. Rangers will blame Whyte was acting in his own interest, but the club allowed him to. All the punishments dished out to Rangers are fair because they broke the rules of the SPL (which does include the implied rule to run as a solvent company).

As for the newco solution, I assume that would get round the transfer embargo as it sounds like the current rules don't transfer punishments from old company to new company. The changes to the spl rulebook sound like they are trying to enforce punishments on reborn teams (which is fair) but it looks like having to reform is worse than a transfer embargo (so dropping to d3 would give them a chance to sign some players, though clearly not their current first team as most will just leave for better wages else where).

Associate
As a Rangers fan (some may wonder about that after this post) I wonder if Rangers starting in Division 3 might not be a bad idea for a number of reasons. Some thoughts worth considering.

1. Give the club and fans a sense of perspective by seeing what it is like for the majority of Scottish teams/Supporters, in the sense you are not likely winners of trophies every year, well not the trophies they usually win, see below for details.

2. Having to start fresh, with a new squad, should encourage the use of Murray park to get youth players into the team, who I think would be a more attractive option than the sorts of player you could buy being in the lower divisions. I still think a better quality youth player would still join Rangers, even in the lower divisions, because of the better facilities and long term prospects. Even more so if they were likely to get pitch time because the team are playing in the SFL rather than the SPL. This could only beneift Rangers and the Scottish National team in the long run.

3. The money from the Rangers fans would go towards the lower division teams, would be like giving them extended cup runs for a season, bolster finances, get some on a better financial footing.

4. Seperate Rangers and Celtic for a few years, maybe take the edge of things, give those trying to get the bigotry out of Scottish football a chance to work without the back drop of 4-7 Old Firm games a year.

5. I think it would be a fairer compromise between getting off free or being the neutered whipping boys in the SFL becasue they want the fans money. We accept the club has been mismanaged, take our punishment, clear our debt and start fresh, with a new set of ideals.

I think the majority of clubs/fans would like to see Rangers demoted at least a division, but the SPL haven't the balls to do it because of pressure from sponsors and maybe SKY. So they end up in the position of placing sanctions to effectively neuter Rangers but still expect Ranger's fans to put money in their pockets and prop up other teams in the league (Note carefully, talking about Ranger's fans money in the sense of away game gate money). If they had any integrity they would ignore the financial implications to themsleves and give Rangers a demotion (or 2 if the SFL thought it appropriate). In that regard I think they are hypocrites, because that is the heart of the issue for why Rangers are being punished in the first place, putting money ahead of sporting integrity, yet here is an organisation punishing them, doing the same thing.

P.S.

5. Allow Rangers to win a few trophies they haven't won before, Division 3, 2, 1 and of course the Ramsdens Cup :D

I expect I'm going to get slaughtered for this, from both sides, but there's no laughter with slaughter :D or is that the other way around?

Soldato
Certainly would make a change from Winning the SPL 54 times. :D

The Most Successful Team In The World

Hmm....

Shelbourne FC have won the league in the Republic of Ireland 13 times. Are they more successful than Lazio (2 League wins and a Cup-Winners Cup) Nottingham Forest (1 League title and 2 European Cup wins) or any of the host of other clubs who have won less league titles?

Your point about Rangers being the most successful club in the world is an interesting one.

Associate
Hmm....

Shelbourne FC have won the league in the Republic of Ireland 13 times. Are they more successful than Lazio (2 League wins and a Cup-Winners Cup) Nottingham Forest (1 League title and 2 European Cup wins) or any of the host of other clubs who have won less league titles?

Your point about Rangers being the most successful club in the world is an interesting one.

It is all they harp on about tbh. Suppose it is their comfort blanket these days ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom