BenQ XL2420T Now available

Soldato
Looking at replacing my gaming monitor (Ye olde VX922).

I was wondering what the vertical viewing angles are like?
My current monitor is about 1 foot eye level from where I sit, so I get a significant loss of brightness because of it.

I think it's an upgrade in every respect, so I just want to make sure the vertical angles aren't terribad before I get it. :)

Associate
I think my mind is made up now :D - are there any issues with running a dual screen setup with one screen at 120hz and the other at 60hz?

No issues at all for me. No special setup required or anything, just set both monitors to their native settings in windows or nvidia/ati control panel.

I was wondering what the vertical viewing angles are like?

The viewing angles aren't very good - if I stand up by as little as 1inch I can see the bottom of the screen darken slightly. It'd be worth looking into the technical details behind them as this is an area I know nothing about. On the upside though the stand is very adjustable, so getting the right angle is easy.

Last edited:
Associate
Been using this monitor for a few months a what a screen! Probably not doing my eyes any good as I pretty much keep it on a bright setting and with an old 19" second display...the brightness and colour difference is immense just looking at one then the other makes my eyes go doo-lally.
Bit annoying that everytime I want to play the PS3, I have to turn the volume up from 30 to 100 and usually have to change the display mode to 'Full'. Anyone know how to counter this?

Associate
I am looking to pick up one of these soon my only decision is to pick up the 3d pack or not. Can anyone tell me is 3d any good or it it just a gimmick? Do you find you use it once or twice and then not bother again?

Thanks

Associate
Personally I do like the 3D kit but can't really do long hours of gaming as it makes your eyes go a bit funny. Playing games like Arkam City on Ultra + 3D is pretty cool but ultimately is a bit gimmicky. I hear FPS are meant to be good with 3D but haven't really got round to doing that yet.
Overall, I'm left a bit underwhelmed by it but at the same time can add a bit more enjoyment to a game. Sort of a hit and Miss, so if you have the money spare I'd say go for it but not at the expense of lets say taking that money out of a computer upgrade budget.

Associate
Personally I do like the 3D kit but can't really do long hours of gaming as it makes your eyes go a bit funny. Playing games like Arkam City on Ultra + 3D is pretty cool but ultimately is a bit gimmicky. I hear FPS are meant to be good with 3D but haven't really got round to doing that yet.
Overall, I'm left a bit underwhelmed by it but at the same time can add a bit more enjoyment to a game. Sort of a hit and Miss, so if you have the money spare I'd say go for it but not at the expense of lets say taking that money out of a computer upgrade budget.

Thanks for the info :)

Associate
ask a silly question, but how do you turn it on?

the power button glows when my finger is near it but the screen stays blank....

Soldato
Make sure your thumb area is flat whilst doing it...got to admit my power button a bit awkward too so i just let it go standby whenever needed.

Soldato
The viewing angles aren't very good - if I stand up by as little as 1inch I can see the bottom of the screen darken slightly. It'd be worth looking into the technical details behind them as this is an area I know nothing about. On the upside though the stand is very adjustable, so getting the right angle is easy.

I've had a look at the stand on the VX922 and it's super rubbish. Being able to raise and tilt it forward some more will alleviate the problem completely.
Push ze button! Fire ze missiles!

Back
Top Bottom