Poll: Poll: Do you believe in an afterlife?

Do you believe in an aferlife?

• Yes

Votes: 102 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 380 65.2%
  • undecided

Votes: 101 17.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
I personally think there's more to us than meets the eye. Science can't prove / disprove it, and religion or beliefs are about having a huge amount of faith - which is an amazing trait to have if you're able to have it. However it cannot prove / disprove it either.

My faith isn't strong enough to be swayed in any direction. I am sure there is more to life than we know, and I'd like to believe there is more out there, however, I falter :( As such I can only go with "maybe", as strong and as much as I'd love to be sure of my convictions I cannot commit to a definite answer. I guess if it was a sliding scale from 0-100%, I'd be over the 50% mark, but not up to the 90% area.

Soldato
While I understand that people have a differing opinion on this, calling those, for what ever reason, disagree with your stance morons is a little crass......unless you have specific proof that an Afterlife of some kind doesn't exist and all that we are simply disappears into oblivion.

Do you believe you had any conciousness before you were born?

If the answer's no, why would you think it would be any different after life than before life?

Permabanned
Yes - There got be more than this dire exsistance.

If you do go to better place at least you be surrounded by beings that you actually like. Unlike here. where there are too many I cannot stand.

Soldato
Nobody knows what happens after you die, which means that all claims to knowledge of an afterlife or what happens after you die are almost certainly false.

Permabanned
You can't disprove it so it could be true is such a cop out argument.

I can't disprove there are a race of Teletubbies living on Saturn.

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

This type of argument really bugs me... You can come up with any crockpot unprovable story and just come out with "you can't disprove it so it could be true"

Yeah... It *could* be... But that doesn't mean the source of the idea ( or "belief") should be completely ignored and other factors should be ignored.

Science doesn't work like that... Why should religion?

This is the main thing I'm not looking forward to when I move to the US... There are a lot of people like this :(

Permabanned
People of faith typically have longer life expectancies as well so it is win-win!

I do

Why? If god is omnipresent... Why do you have to worship him in the building of a multi national corporation who dodge taxes in every country and protect child molesters?

I'm all for people believing whatever they want... Despite my strong opinions... But organised religion is the biggest evil on this planet

Back
Top Bottom