The Queen's Diamond Jubilee

Man of Honour
Excellent op sim and I wish her well. Britain has a monarchy and has done for a thousand years and I have no desire to see a republic and figurehead president replace what is some of the most fascinating history you will read from the likes of William I, Edward I, Henry VIII, George III, George IV, Victoria and our present Queen Elizabeth II.

Long may her reign continue. The pomp and ceremony is awesome to watch and nobody does it better.

Caporegime
what is some of the most fascinating history you will read from the likes of William I, Edward I, Henry VIII, George III, George IV, Victoria and our present Queen Elizabeth II.

Agreed. Very interesting to read about.

The worst of them has to be Edward VIII. Abdicated the throne for.... a woman. There are no words.

Only Victoria has been the monarch longer.

Yep. I'm sure that record will be broken in a few years though; I can't see Queen Elizabeth II going anywhere anytime soon!

Soldato
Is there anywhere that's streaming the events live online? (in in the USA)

I'm not seeing it on iPlayer. Just the Prince of Wales documentary.

Does iPlayer even stream live TV ? I rarely use it.

www.tvcatchup.co.uk is a good bet for a live stream :)

I'll be actually attending the Jubille picnic on Monday followed by the concert thanks to the GF winning tickets. Should be nice :)
Me too and thanks to the Mrs winning tickets :D

Soldato
Don't give 2 hoots about the Jubilee. I'm working Sat, Sun, Mon and Tue for double bubble.

Anyway this celebration thing is all about London again.

Nonsense.

It's all over the Commonwealth, it just centres on London since that's where Buckingham palace and the greatest concentration of the public are.

My mum and dad are off to a garden party at Holyrood on the 3rd of July. There's hundreds of other events across the Union and Commonwealth. There's a great deal going on this year.

Back
Top Bottom