**DGM 27" LED IPS 2560x1440 ONLY £319.99 Inc. VAT (PRE-ORDER PRICE ONLY)!!**

Soldato
@spoffle - I agree but didn't that make you, at first, think it would be the opposite way around..? It is more reflective and much more so than that of the Dell but the matt screen of the Dell has issues that I would not have thought would be possible.

I have just stood my DGM on a biscuit box and it is better than being just sat on my desk. So between the biscuit box and the sheep I seem to have sorted out my stand issues :)

Last edited:
Associate
I have just noticed another issue with this monitor and would like to know if I am an isolated case.

While viewing a green gradient test pattern running left to right there is a noticeable vertical pattern spread about an inch apart, less evident on a gray gradient.

Can anyone else confirm if they have this issue.

Soldato
I have just noticed another issue with this monitor and would like to know if I am an isolated case.

While viewing a green gradient test pattern running left to right there is a noticeable vertical pattern spread about an inch apart, less evident on a gray gradient.

I don't use mine to view test patterns , your clearly not happy with it, return it.

Associate

I tried a green left-to-right gradient test pattern as you suggested. It all looked okay to me.

Soldato
@spoffle - I agree but didn't that make you, at first, think it would be the opposite way around..? It is more reflective and much more so than that of the Dell but the matt screen of the Dell has issues that I would not have thought would be possible.

I have just stood my DGM on a biscuit box and it is better than being just sat on my desk. So between the biscuit box and the sheep I seem to have sorted out my stand issues :)

I was definitely concerned about how glossy it'd be, as I'd never had a large glossy display before. There's no way I could go back to non-glossy now though, it looks so "muddy" in comparison.

I wasn't concerned it'd be the other way around though, as I knew before hand that matte surfaces will spread glare out, whereas glossy/highly reflective surfaces didn't, I was just concerned that I'd see everything out of the window and not on the screen.

The screens I have though have a sheet of tempered glass over too, so are likely glossier than just glossy panels.

Soldato
This might read silly but having this DGM monitor has certainly raised the bar in terms of what I would find acceptable for a home monitor.

But at 27" and the resolution it runs at means that it is potentially going to be a costly standard to maintain.

Even though I have spent small fortunes on what goes inside the box this is the first time I have got anything really decent for my home PC.

An excellent buy for sure.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

An official response concering the stand removal:-

Hi Andy

To be clear on this point
Stand removal you will have to remove the back of the monitor it will not invalidate the warranty

Key point that will invalidate the warranty .
1) Any of the PCB is removed or damaged
2) If the casing is damaged by being force in anyway .

European Sales Director

Soldato
Are these vesa mount compatible? I have an ar
ticulated arm im looking to connect the monitor too but id like to know if it will fit first time round.

Associate
VESA mount is fine, however unless you want a huge lump of plastic hanging off the bottom of the monitor you're goin to need to open it up and remove the stand from the inside.

tbh thats ridiculous having to do that even if it doesnt void the waranty

it should be a case of unscrew the old and on with the new.

surely they could have come up with a better design

Associate
I've had one of these monitors for a week now, and I'm loving the extra desktop space and clarity of the picture, but have one serious issue with blacks and dark colours. I expected some backlight bleed and will happily live with it, but what I am getting is any dark colours washed out and bad viewing angles - more like a TN panel than an IPS. If I look dead ahead at the centre of the screen then it is OK, but even then the picture on the edges suffers. If I look at it from a position that is only slightly off centre then the picture deteriorates badly.

Here's a couple of photos of a black screen.

Dead centre (pretty much as expected):

scaled.php

A little off centre (far worse than expected):

scaled.php

Is anyone else getting anything like this? I've compared this with a U3011 and a fairly old Philips IPS monitor and neither of them do this at all. I'm seriously considering returning the monitor because of this and trying my luck with a Hazro instead.

Associate
I don't think you will see much (if any) difference if you buy the Hazro. My Hazro had the same problem and so does my DGM.
As far as I am aware (and I could be wrong) it is called IPS glow. It can be reduced with the use of an A-TW polarizer but that type of coating only tends to be used on very high end panels.
Like I said, I could be wrong so hopefully someone like PCM2 or BADDASS might like to comment. They have more expertise in this area.

[Update]
Go to YouTube and search for "IPS Glow" then checkout the videos.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom