*** The Official iPad (Early 2012) Thread ***

Soldato
Surely that sounds about right? 40%-13% is a drop of 27%, which means it would last around 11 hours at that rate of discharge.
I'm going to restore and setup as new, and see how it goes.. I just feel like the battery is dropping far to quick.

Last night it was on 70% and then a while later it was on around 30%.
40% drop in 2/3 hours of browsing, that's not right. I am on iOS6 beta at the moment though..

Permabanned
I have to say that the battery life is pretty poor. Getting a days usage of it isn't happening and thats just on high brightoness and simple surfing.

Load up any appications and you're down to a matter of hours.

Caporegime
I am finding mine very much like Android tablets I have used (Touchpad and Transformer Prime). Battery lasts ages for web browsing only, but very few hours if you play games on it. I don't think any of the games I have even render at the native resolution but battery seemed to die fast (although I never play it in long enough sessions for it to really bother me, but I appreciate others might).

Burnout Crash and TowerMadnessHD (especially) seemed to take a lot out of it. 20%-25% in less than 1 hour. Mine is normally on full brightness, but I don't see the point in running it any less. It's not as "blinding" at full brightness as people mention (if anything I think my SGS2 is brighter on full). Plus, it's not that viewable in sunlight unless it is at 100% brightness and even then it is not as great as I thought it would be.

rp2000

Permabanned
Turn the brightness down then you muppet

Because I definitely want to be running at 10% all the time. It looks rubbish. I'm not talking about being on 100% either.

My feelings on the pad thus far are:

Good for reading and light surfing, but the interface is dire, and I personally can't wait for the windows version.

This one is for my dad anyway.

:)

Soldato
My retina iPad lasts about 6 hours continually streaming sky go content with 70% brightness, basically exactly the same as my iPad 1. If I turn the brightness down to 30% (evening ) it lasts well over 8 hours streaming video via sky go... What more can you ask for really?

Edit

A colleague who recently got an iPad 2(new die shrunk version it seems) manages 11 hours of content which is just awesome.

Last edited:
Associate
I can't seem to transfer purchased items from iPad to iTunes even when it is authorised, anyone having or had the same problem before?

Caporegime
What's the best way to reboot the iPad? I notice after around 5 days of the iPad being on all the time the memory seems to need a refresh as it no longer remembers web page tabs and has to reload them like my iPad 1 does.

Even when I hold the power button and home button when I reboot it seems to remember my web pages when I launch safari. Whats the best way to reboot and dump?

Soldato
Hi

Im sure this has been asked a few times , just want to confirm, I wish to buy the new ipad this Christmas in the US ,when I'm visiting.

I would like to get the basic model with just the wi-fi (16gig / wifi ) model.

Will it work fine in the UK with all software such as uk itunes account and so on also is it just the charger plug that would need changing.

thanks

Back
Top Bottom