eBay problem

Tea Drinker
Don
Bought 20 Tesco 10ppl off Fuel Vouchers from eBay last week (14/11), I emailed the guy who said that he would post them recorded next day even though the advert says 5-6 working days, nothing has turned up, I messaged him through eBay at the weekend asking for tracking number and he said he'll send some more out and a few extra for the inconvenience.

Yesterday (22/11) nothing still so I opened a case with eBay for non delivery, he has messaged back saying he has proof of postage not supplied and that he doesn't have to refund anything till the vouchers expire (4/12).

I'd just like a refund now, as I won't even, if I got them later today get a chance to fill up 4 times to see any saving for what I paid for them.

I've replied to the case asking for tracking number as he says he sent them recorded yesterday (22/11) however what do I do if they turn up, can I refuse delivery and still have a claim? if I refuse and just let the case run it's course will I get my cash back?

Thanks

Can't type for toffee
Don
Recorded Next Day does not exist, it would be royal Mail Special delivery which would be approx an extra fiver, was this covered?

Has it passed 5-6 working days since you paid? After all that's what it said on the listing.
His not having to refund anything til the vouchers expire seems plucked out of thin air.
You paid for items within the timescale given on the auction and have not received it.

How did you pay?
If he's being none forthcoming with a refund then I'd be tempted to just do a paypal dispute.
Has he given the tracking number?

Tea Drinker
Don
OP
His postage was £1.00 United Kingdom Standard Delivery (Royal Mail Tracked) Estimated within 5-6 working days, yes I bought and paid by Paypal on the 14/11 and today would be the 7th working day including and after the day after I paid, I've asked for tracking numbers and he hasn't / won't supply them.

Can I refuse delivery?

Soldato
Have you opened an item not received case? If not do it. Or, do it through paypal. Paypal will request 3 things from the seller, proof of post (tracking number only); a full refund (2 choices, I have refunded (and must provide proof) or I will refund).

Can't type for toffee
Don
£1 will be lucky for that to even be first class :(
If he's refusing to supply tracking numbers odds are he doesn't ahve them.
I wouldn't think fully trackable if he's only paid £1 for postage, he's probably sent 1st class with a certificate of postage, not sure if paypal/ebay would accept that as proof of delivery.

Think you just need to explain to eBay the situation and they would advise if refusing delivery was viable. The contract was for the delivery within 6 working days at the end of the day.

Caporegime
I suspect the op might not get much joy. it is estimated at 5-6 working days and it's only the 7th (also it's 5-6 working days from when you paid, not completion of the ebay listing).

Ebay only allows buyers to open "not received disputes" after 14 days is up as they accept that the seller can post in good time but the post office is out of their control and hence any delays with the post office is not their fault.

On that basis, so long as they turn up in the next 7 days, I can't see Ebay giving you any refund.

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/What-to-do-If-your-order-has-not-arrived?ugid=10000000019325084

Caporegime
difficult one as they could well have expired before you can claim non delivery

Unlikely as 14 days would be up a week before they expire. However, the OP potentially might only have 3 days to spend them..........

However, that's not really the sellers fault.

Associate
ebay and paypal are a nightmare to deal with on things like this.

A guy tried to rip me of with a 980x saying he had sent it and sent an empty box with a tracking number of course.

took ebay forever to sort It out (2-3 months) then they ruled in HIS favour but I won it on appeal with the overwhelming evidence I had. nearly £600 down the drain

Caporegime
Recorded Next Day does not exist, it would be royal Mail Special delivery which would be approx an extra fiver, was this covered?
sure it does first class recorded is almost garunteed next day.

i send stuff from newcastle > nottingham first class recorded all the time and so far everything has got there next day

£1 will be lucky for that to even be first class
a first class stamp + recorded is about £1

how heavy are these fuel vouchers lol?

Can't type for toffee
Don
First Class Recorded does exist though ;)

I wouldn't say 1st class is next day delivery and I wouldn't say recorded was next day. If thats stated I would be expecting a guaranteed Next Day delivery solution.

Sent plenty things 1st class that have taken days to arrive :(

a first class stamp + recorded is about £1

how heavy are these fuel vouchers lol?

LOL :p

1st class stamps are like 70p now no?
Recorded is like an additional 68p.

Thats what I can remember but It hink that might've been pre price rise.

Soldato
OP have you even looked on Royal Mails website to see what service you bought?

If he's sent them first class recorded, then they have been sent first class, with a signature required at your end, nothing more.

They aren't tracked through the system and Royal Mail deem it to be 'normal' for 1st class to take up to four working days to arrive.

It's more than possible that the first set has been lost or delayed due to the flooding all over the place.

If he only posted the second set yesterday then they might not be with you until next week, especially if it has to travel through the same routes that could be affected by flooding.

Back
Top Bottom