*** Nexus 10 Tablet ***

Associate
Brilliant. New RMA enroute for device 2 - thank you PIKe for saving me from more grief!

Device 3 due for delivery today (Google Support have no knowledge!) and a link to device 4 will be with me sometime today. What a PITA. Considering refusing to take device 3, not ordering device 4 and sending back device 2 as planned.

I've been using iPlayer this morning to get a feel for the backlight bleed issue. I'm now more inclined to agree with those that said it's not too bad. It's still noticeable, but only when I pay attention to it.

Man of Honour
To be fair Asus had exactly the same sort of problems, so it seems more to do with it being a Nexus device built on the cheap and rushed out the door by google.

Associate
Well I've just had my second N10 delivered, again suffering bad backlight bleed. Visible on min brightness and very noticeable when compared to an iPad for example. Also, the device is covered in finger marks and has clearly been handled. The first one had my account details preloaded so I could believe their explanation of having to open it to do this (benefit of the doubt etc.). However, the replacement device had no details preloaded so why had it been opened? I'm beginning to get the impression that they are simply reshipping devices RMA'd for dodgy screens in the hope that it will be received by a less fussy customer. Have requested a refund, will try again in a few months if they sort out the QC issues. Never before have I received two 'new' devices that have clearly been opened and handled (and not even carefully) prior to delivery. Not good.

Soldato
Well I've just had my second N10 delivered, again suffering bad backlight bleed. Visible on min brightness and very noticeable when compared to an iPad for example. Also, the device is covered in finger marks and has clearly been handled. The first one had my account details preloaded so I could believe their explanation of having to open it to do this (benefit of the doubt etc.). However, the replacement device had no details preloaded so why had it been opened? I'm beginning to get the impression that they are simply reshipping devices RMA'd for dodgy screens in the hope that it will be received by a less fussy customer. Have requested a refund, will try again in a few months if they sort out the QC issues. Never before have I received two 'new' devices that have clearly been opened and handled (and not even carefully) prior to delivery. Not good.

A lot of people believe this to be the case. Quite a few of us received replacement units that had broken seals and fingerprints on the screens. In fact my replacement was worse than the original I received in terms of screen uniformity and bleed (noticeable yellow tinge).

Associate
A lot of people believe this to be the case. Quite a few of us received replacement units that had broken seals and fingerprints on the screens. In fact my replacement was worse than the original I received in terms of screen uniformity and bleed (noticeable yellow tinge).

Yeah, I can see why. I'm not normally fussy and I've never returned anything before for shoddy quality. However, I am simply not prepared to pay for a new device and be sent something that looks worse than a manufacturers refurb and has a screen that should not have passed QC. It's a shame because I'm sure the N10 is a great device at heart.

Associate
Well, my third Google delivery just turned up - not a third device, but a plastic bag. Quite why I needed to sign for a plastic bag I have no idea. Considering that the second device was sent with a return bag and all the right RMA paperwork, I really do wonder what they're playing at.

At least I can go to work on time now. Still waiting for a link to a third purchase order. Seriously considering not bothering given that the device is officially sold out, I need to give the gift in eleven days and I'll also waste time waiting for TNT to collect whatever goes back. I'm certain the second device is just someone else's RMA. The box was damaged and the seals broken.

Jeez, I can see why people just go and buy Apple. It's really, really tempting...

Soldato
Well, my third Google delivery just turned up - not a third device, but a plastic bag. Quite why I needed to sign for a plastic bag I have no idea. Considering that the second device was sent with a return bag and all the right RMA paperwork, I really do wonder what they're playing at.

At least I can go to work on time now. Still waiting for a link to a third purchase order. Seriously considering not bothering given that the device is officially sold out, I need to give the gift in eleven days and I'll also waste time waiting for TNT to collect whatever goes back. I'm certain the second device is just someone else's RMA. The box was damaged and the seals broken.

Jeez, I can see why people just go and buy Apple. It's really, really tempting...

Apple QC isn't amazing but due to their stores (if you live close enough to one) and customer service, returns are a lot less painful. Went through 4 Iphone 4's before I got a working one but each replacement was easy. In addition my macbook pro arrived with a small dent, replacement took two days and they took away my old one at the same time and gave me a £70 refund.

I'm going away from android and getting an acer Iconia w700 when they come back into stock. Full windows experience with that much power is something I want to try. More costly but then the specs are more akin to a laptop than a tablet.

Associate
Really want this to come back in stock but getting a bit worried about the amount of problems people are having.

Main reason for wanting a tablet is too watch videos when commuting and this tablet seems like the best choice.

Caporegime
They will have added a refunded entry in wallet if that is the case.

Google wallet says:

5 Dec
You were refunded for £328.99.
Reason: Other (describe below)
Comments from Google Commerce Ltd: "return to sender"

Probably find they will charge me for the replacement once the return period lapses.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Google wallet says:

5 Dec
You were refunded for £328.99.
Reason: Other (describe below)
Comments from Google Commerce Ltd: "return to sender"

Probably find they will charge me for the replacement once the return period lapses.

I expect so but you never know your luck. :D

Associate
so glad I didnt replace mine for the tiny backlight bleed now - its only noticable when looking for it at 100% but hearing how people are still getting units worse than the faulty ones they sent back sounds horrible.

Back
Top Bottom