Plusnet Discussion Thread

Soldato
posted in another thread but thought i'd ask some quick Q's here to get other opinions.

have booked with bt to get BB with them (moving from VM :p). worked out that the total cost over the 18 month contract is £100 cheaper on Plusnet so rather tempted. (upto 73/20mb)

would you choose plusnet over BT? whats the customer service like? differences in traffic policies? also if i cancel my order with BT, do you think I could keep the openreach engineer appointment for the plusnet, seeing as he would be doing exactly the same job (almost)???

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
You have to cancel your BT order and then order from Plusnet. BT Openreach will not carries the work from BT to Plusnet (I know they work the same under BT) but BT policy is restrict their ruling must contact through their own internet service provide to amend or cancel order before BT Openreach carries out the work at the customer property. Avoid order exspecially over christmas period.

Soldato
ahhh poop, maybe if i phone them both up in a short time frame my appointment with openreach will become available and i can book it through plusnet xD and well I may as well order asap as the long i leave it the longer it will be until i can get the engineer booking.

Soldato
U could try it but beware of messy up on the BT Openreach order system! (eg: double booking)

hehe double booking the same engineer to be at the same place on the same date...twice xD hehe best course of action? phone up BT to cancel and ask if they can leave the openreach booking maybe? or phone up plusnet and get them to ask BT for the booking?

Soldato
OP
It happen to me before with Openreach turned up (both of them at the same time double booking but BT Engineering isn't happy and blamed on two isp's side)

Associate
Cancelling BT and moving to Plus Net was a very wise move for me. No more fussy phone bills that I didn't understand, call centre in UK and good website to manage your acct from.
Just ordered the Unlimited Fibre tonight and removed the pro add on. Actually works out cheaper for me now even though I came from basic fibre package. winning

Soldato
OP
18 months contract seem a long time but I do hope plusnet kept their commit to the same traffic management for the next 18 months, but for price increasing in the next 18 months are surely go up sooner or later.

Soldato
I think I'm going to get the unlimited package as I'm currently stuck on BT 40Gb plain vanilla broadband which costs me £33.50 pcm (inc line rental). If I go with Plusnet I get fibre broadband at an average monthly rate of £16.65 over the next 18 months and with line rental on top (£13.99) it comes out £30.64 which means I'm £3 better off a month and get faster broadband and no traffic shaping.

I might just give BT a call and see if they can match it the offer.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I'm going to get the unlimited package as I'm currently stuck on BT 40Gb plain vanilla broadband which costs me £33.50 pcm (inc line rental). If I go with Plusnet I get fibre broadband at an average monthly rate of £16.65 over the next 18 months and with line rental on top (£13.99) it comes out £30.64 which means I'm £3 better off a month and get faster broadband and no traffic shaping.

I might just give BT a call and see if they can match it the offer.

they won't... as BT own plusnet xD i had that conversation with them.... they asked why i was leaving and I said because one of your competitors has the same package for a better price and they asked who. I said plusnet and he was like.... oh, yea... ok.... can;t do anything about that because it's our sister company we own. haha

also think about paying the 12 months line rental upfront and it works out £10.xx for the 12 months, so lump sum then £9.99 only for 6 months, then £19.99 a month for the next 6 and through to 18.

Associate
Just moved over today ) canceled BT hope its all good bit ****ed that one guy said i can still have the bt tim that i had with bt 9th of jan am and then i pay and another guy says u have to have the 10th .

the info was very mixed 1 guy says there is traffic monitoring another sais there isnt. 1 guy said i can put a static ip on fiber limited and another said it cant be done

can any 1 clear this up?

Soldato
Just completed my order for Plusnet full fat fibre broadband over the next 18 months it works out at £30.65 PCM which is less then what I'm paying now such a shame I have to wait until the 18th for it to be installed.

Back
Top Bottom