Lmao at Origin

Soldato
You are now ready to chat with Carrie.

Carrie
Hello! My name is Carrie and I'm a Sims Advisor here at EA/Maxis. How can I assist you today?

you
I would like to have refund issued for SimCity.

Carrie
How did you purchase the game?

you
Origin

Carrie
Do you have an Order #? and what is the reason you are asking for a refund?

you
#17093815323 The Game is unplayable.

Carrie
What kind of computer do you have?

you
I already spoke with a chat representative two days ago and he couldn't help me with my problem.

Carrie
Again - what kind of computer do you have?

you
Well what do you want to know about my computer?

you
It is a Desktop PC running Windows 8. Would you like exact specs?

Carrie
As you purchased a digital copy, we are unable to give refunds per our official policy. You can read this here: https://help.ea.com/article/returns-and-cancellations

you
Well, during a press release Mark Own said we will refund players who are dissatisfied with SImCity. Are you saying your official press release is incorrect?

you
As well as the fact your Terms and Conditions don't overwrite European Law.

Carrie
I'm saying we follow our terms and conditions, which I have given you already.

you
Well you can't break European law. Your product is faulty and therefore unplayable and the contract you entered upon purchase has been voided.

you
I can also issue a refund through PayPal if preferred.

Carrie
I'm sorry, I only deal with tech issues, not legal ones. I am not a lawyer nor a paralegal.

you
Yes but you are by law required to refund me as well as from your official press release.

you
Your Global Community Manager Marcel Hatam said players could request a refund.

you
I am doing so.

Carrie
At this point, Sir, I have already informed you that I am not a legal representative. I am sorry, but I will have to disconnect this chat at this time.

you
So you are breaking law?

Carrie
Have a great day!

The chat session has ended. Please contact us again if you need further help.

Time to go Legal "Sigh"... Too Bad their Call Centres do not open till tomorrow.

Last edited:
Permabanned
They'll continue to do so as long as people don't call them up on it.

I say good luck to the OP.

He will need it.

I and many others have played the game, granted there have been some issues but the only problem I came across were full servers which EA are attempting to rectify.

Soldato
OP
Well in a press release they said they would offer refunds to anyone who wanted one. So not following that through is wrong?

Also the fact is the game is unplayable and I am perfectly in my right to request a refund.

Soldato
The game is not unplayable.

That's not the opinion of the majority of gamers, so I hear. The online only aspect is causing havoc, not allowing people to connect, not saving cities, etc.

That would be fine if playing online was a matter of choice, but I'd be thoroughly annoyed at spending ~£40 on a game that wouldn't even let me enjoy it's singleplayer aspect due to the publisher's failure to provide a decent enabling service.

Man of Honour
Agreed. So glad I don't work in CS!

All the crap and no way to do anything about it. People in CS don't have the power to do anything, so they can't resolve issues anyway. It's a dreadful job. The OP may well be in the right and they were being calm and reasonable about it, but they may as well be talking to their chair. Even if CS staff have been given any information about the Simcity issue, they'll only be under orders to obstruct customers. A press release saying that customers can ask for refunds isn't a press release saying that customers will get refunds and that isn't a press release saying that customers will get refunds easily. If they make the refunds process frustrating and time-consuming enough, it reduces the number of refunds they have to give.

Soldato
OP
So the game running with certain configurations may not work.

That is not the same as the game being unplayable.

The game is unplayable with certain configurations, they didn't mention as such. Also in-conjunction with all the other issues surrounding the game at the moment, I think it is perfectly reasonable to request a refund. I have to wait an hour to join a Server to play a region I was playing by my-self a.k.a single player.

Back
Top Bottom