Guild Wars 2

Soldato
Just finished the newest instalment of the Living Story, really enjoyed it :)

Still haven't had the chance to venture back into WvW yet, haven't had that long to play most times.

Also, I'm guessing the new update is April fools for a bit? :p

Soldato
I'pd say mesmer or elementalist are the most interesting classes in gw2, very unique mechanics and different than anything you've played in any other MMO.

Mesmer is a great class to play. First ten levels are horrible but post that it gets great fun! Mesmer is now my main and love the fun you can have in pve with him, very effective in pvp too.

Anyone tried that Super Adventure Box?
It's quite a laugh with all the retro stuff, although once the novelty wore off it got a little boring.

I don't really get enough time to play as it is so while the great sword skin looks pretty sweet I'm just sticking to what I normally do and avoiding as I won't get near getting the skin.

I transferred across to Seafarers as I had had enough of garbage pvp on Deso. Good little server, you can notice the difference in the world as there aren't a million and one players slamming everything. Much more sensible but still nicely busy.

WvW was great fun! The battlegrounds are ran very tactically by the Commanders and the priority is to hold what they have and build fr there. Very organised and in the 3 hours I played we nailed every uber Zerg Deso and VS sent our way. Best was when we broke into the main castle, mauled Deso. Just about to capture then a huge VS Zerg showed up, killed them as well then a second Deso reinforce Zerg came we took out most of them before ANOTHER VS Zerg showed up so we beat the poo out of them on our way to falling back.

Almost took the VS main fort with a superb sneak attack before 3 zergs hit us at once :D we mostly all escaped but out distraction allowed Deso to capture every VS point apart from their main castle :D

Only rank 1 but that night has reinvigorated me to get stuck back into wvw :D

Soldato
Just about to capture then a huge VS Zerg showed up, killed them as well then a second Deso reinforce Zerg came we took out most of them before ANOTHER VS Zerg showed up so we beat the poo out of them on our way to falling back.

I can't read that without picturing a load of magriders milling around the central castle. Too many video games :p

Soldato
It's things like this that make me love this game:
Capture_zps2883bf00.jpg

:D

Soldato
Gonna give this another blast, havent played since a couple months after release.
So is this game still populated and popular. Whats the best server?

Are you after pve or pvp?

Pve you are best picking a large and busy(er) server such as Deso. Pvp Deso is up there as is Seafarers and one or two others whose names I forget :o

You will never find a quite zone, Deso is certainly the best for this and the world is a lot busier thanks to new dailies. Inevitably things are a bit quieter out in the world for the next weeks as they have released a dungeon which is for a month only. A lot of people are spamming the **** out of that right now.

Soldato
Are you after pve or pvp?

Pve you are best picking a large and busy(er) server such as Deso. Pvp Deso is up there as is Seafarers and one or two others whose names I forget :o

You will never find a quite zone, Deso is certainly the best for this and the world is a lot busier thanks to new dailies. Inevitably things are a bit quieter out in the world for the next weeks as they have released a dungeon which is for a month only. A lot of people are spamming the **** out of that right now.

Ok cool i think my main is on deso so ill stay on.

Soldato
Yeah if you are on Deso that's your best bet, it's paid xfer now do being on one of the bette servers you are best off there :)

Enjoy, I would have helped but I just took a limited time free xfer to a medium pop server and jumped to seafarers as they are good fun in wvw.

Soldato
so finally hit 80 then I find out my final personal story is a group dungeon quest? wtf and no one seems to be doing it or wanting to do it , apart from that I have no idea what I should be doing at 80 since I just wanted to level asap and haven't even done a single dungeon yet

Soldato
OP
so finally hit 80 then I find out my final personal story is a group dungeon quest? wtf and no one seems to be doing it or wanting to do it , apart from that I have no idea what I should be doing at 80 since I just wanted to level asap and haven't even done a single dungeon yet

Didn't take me too long to find a group. Its not really a hard dungeon, and quite quick... but its awesome.
Why did you want to get to 80 fast? Personally I thought the lvling was far, far too quick, I tried to slow it all down.

Soldato
Options for 80 are wvw, dungeons or legendary grind.

I just found out today you could get gear through wvw :o I'm happily enjoying wvw at the mo with the new ranking system, that and doing dailies on my engi every day to get him levelled. Always great fun on seafarers for the wvw, nice to be so organised :)

Tempted to 100% the world with one of my toons but can't really find the motivation for that with my limited play time and enjoying wvw so much.

Soldato
Didn't take me too long to find a group. Its not really a hard dungeon, and quite quick... but its awesome.
Why did you want to get to 80 fast? Personally I thought the lvling was far, far too quick, I tried to slow it all down.

well took me a few weeks to hit 80 and I was looking for people for a whole day and found one person for the final story quest maybe it's just the server im on? think its called desolace or something

Back
Top Bottom