US: The Americans

Associate

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2149175/

Aleady mentioned in the other thread but the pilot was aired the other night, anyone else seen it yet? Really excited about this one, very good first episode. If you liked Homeland I'd recommend this! It's about two Russian sleeper spies living in the US in the 80s juggling trying to appear like average Americans whilst carrying out their missions, along some quite dark flashbacks of how they came to be. It'll be interesting to see how it develops, the CIA play quite a big part so I'd assume it'll continue on with their struggle to stay undercover

It's on Wednesday nights in US :)

NZB

NZB

Associate
Watched it last night too, it was good but i can't get my head around how they'll make it a continuing series. Seems more like a single season show to me.

Soldato
3 episodes have been aired now.

Show is unfolding very nicely, never lacking an entertaining minute, I am really enjoying it. It might not have the class or sheen of a HBO production but it still feels like a cut above your usual network shows.

Lots and lots of character development and I think they are doing a fantastic job of putting the 80s on screen (if that makes sense).

Go watch if you can. It's good stuff!

NZB

NZB

Associate
I wasn't sure after the first episode and thought The Following would be the better show. Turns out this one is much better.

Soldato
I wasn't sure after the first episode and thought The Following would be the better show. Turns out this one is much better.

Indeed, this series is really shaping up to be reliable entertainment. It's certainly got a more original vibe to it than a lot of the stuff being churned out on telly these days.

Soldato
This show hit the ground running from the first episode and keeps delivering punches. Most recent episode was awesome!

Associate
OP
Good news about a second season! I'm still very intrigued as to where they are going with it, surely they are going to cross paths with the CIA neighbour pretty soon (season finale?). Wonder if it will end up with them being on the run but still having to carry out the missions...

NZB

NZB

Associate
The female lead is kinda hot but her character leaves you with the feeling you'd wake up with her thumbs gouging out your eyes.

Back
Top Bottom