• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***Official Intel Haswell Thread***

Soldato
Whys did ASRock choose to call it the Extreme?

Extremely bland?
Extremely sparse looking?
Extremely hard to sell unless it costs like half what the top tier boards do?

Lol.

Associate
Hi,

Can anyone tell from the motherboard screenshots if existing cpu cooler retaining systems will work on Haswell motherboards, or will i need to wait for phantek to release an adapter kit?

8 pack pretty much confirmed they are the same mounting holes in another thread, cannot remember which one. I will try to find it later.

Soldato
Hi,

Can anyone tell from the motherboard screenshots if existing cpu cooler retaining systems will work on Haswell motherboards, or will i need to wait for phantek to release an adapter kit?

They will work as confirmed by noctua.

Due to the spacing of the mounting holes being identical on LGA1150, LGA1155 and LGA1156, Noctua's previous SecuFirm2™ mounting systems for LGA115x also support Intel's upcoming 'Haswell' platform.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=presse_archiv&step=2&news_id=84&lng=en

Soldato
There is a Sabertooth board coming out that looks just like the Z77 version if that's what your after there is pics in the motherboard discussion.

*EDIT link here http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=24227809&postcount=6

Interesting ... :D

Found this on your link ...

ASUS-Sabertooth-Z87-635x846.jpg

Problem solved hopefully, will it be a similar price to the version out now? Would it be better to wait for Haswell then, then go for a 3570K now?

Associate
Yeah was meant to say link is in the link. I would wait and see what Haswell brings, it's just a few weeks away and I would guess prices for the board would be very similar.

Back
Top Bottom