Metro Last Light - Thread

Permabanned
OP
Hi all!

From 4A itself:

"Artyom’s story may have been concluded in Metro: Last Light, but there are other characters with stories to tell, some familiar locations that fans of the Metro series wanted to revisit, and some new challenges that 4A wanted to explore," said Andrew Prokhorov, Creative Director at 4A Games. "Since completing the game we have been working on these new stories and hope to release them throughout the summer."

That means that while they had some ideas early this year, this is all content that is being created as we speak, and content that will be created over the next couple of weeks and months.

The Season Pass will be $14.99 / £11.99 / €14.99 or 1200 MS Points.

Included are 4 individual DLCs:

The "Faction Pack" and the "Chronicles Pack," which both focus on new and original single-player gameplay and stories that expand upon the Metro: Last Light universe.

The "Tower Pack" which is something different that focuses on challenge and pure gameplay for Metro veterans.

The "Developer Pack" which is not an SDK, but which will give players a unique environment and tools to play around with.

Full details and pricing for each individual Pack will be revealed closer to their release, but combining the current info with 4A's words above will give you some pretty big hints for the first two Packs I believe .

The Season Pass gives you the DLC Packs in one package, at a discount compared to buying them individually, and also includes the Absats weapon for use right away. The Season Pass will also be available throughout, so there is no deadline for getting everything at a discount; if you want to wait and see what the individual DLCs are first, you can always get it later.

The Absats in action:

Metro: Last Light - Exclusive Season Pass weapon "Abzats" - YouTube

The first Pack to release is the Faction Pack, coming in June! The others will follow throughout the Summer. Meanwhile, 4A Games will of course continue work on more updates for Metro: Last Light.

Last edited:
Soldato
No issues here on the 320.14 beta drivers.

Still loving this is 3D, shame it plays in 3D at about 30-35FPS on very high with a 680GTX. But I've been unable to turn it off now i'm hooked!. This I think is the first seriously well optimised FPS for 3d Vision.

The stuff that sprays onto the gas mask in a fight or when you get cracks and holes in it really makes you feel like you're wearing it not to mention all the dangly stuff like chains or plant roots as you walk along. Oh and how can I forget the monsters getting up close and personal :p

3D is a bit of a gimmick with a lot of games but if it can be done as well as this in other stuff they really are onto something.

Have you kept PhysX and tessellation enabled as well? I'm hoping i'll get away with them enabled in 3D and still get reasonable fps.

Associate
Have you kept PhysX and tessellation enabled as well? I'm hoping i'll get away with them enabled in 3D and still get reasonable fps.

I tried it with tessellation on normal and didn't get any extra FPS (monitored with fraps) so just left it on its highest :) PhysX enabled aswell yep. Just make sure SSAA is off as that kills fps. Quality on Very High and 1920x1080 gave me a very playable game. You can get a boost of about 10fps if you set graphics to high but it just didn't have the same depth and detail with the shadows. I'm usually one for getting 60FPS at least and loving a real smooth game but I was definitely happy to put up with 30fps to play this in all its glory!

Soldato
Well, took the plunge with this one and it sure does look nice, and its lovely and smooth until you turn SSAA on. I've been playing it with SSAA turned off, it just kills fps too much.

Metro 2033 ran like dog poo, but not this one. Its running very nicely indeed. Enjoyed what i've played so far, but I can't say I'd enjoyed it as much if I'd not played metro 2033 as it does seem to continue on from the ending of that game... Knowing what happened in the first game sure does help.

but, its a looker. Crysis 3 good looking in fact. When out on the surface the effects are amazing.

Soldato
Playing this in 3D is stunning:eek: meh now to get a 2nd 680.:p

Those of you that finished this, is it about the same length as the first game?

Lum

Lum

Soldato
Took me about 12 hours for my first runthrough on medium, though others are reporting 8-10 hours. I like to explore :)

Now playing it on ranger hardcore.

Associate
Playing this in 3D is stunning:eek: meh now to get a 2nd 680.:p

Those of you that finished this, is it about the same length as the first game?

My first play through was 8.5 hours if that helps. I could have extended it more had I explored every possible area etc.

Back
Top Bottom