Wimbledon

Soldato
No idea what the hate is about nationality.

First GB winner since 1936
First Scottish winner EVER.

To say its not important is just as wrong as saying its all that matters.... Tim Henman was English and touted as such many a time. Nothing wrong with that but all the "its a GB victory" isj just playing into the argument of:

If Murray wins, he is British
If Murray loses, he is Scottish

This has been the case on many occasions.

Is it a GB win? Yeah, but its also a win for Scotland and to ignore this makes you just as blinkered as you say the other people you are arguing against are.

Associate
First saw Murray Wimbledon 2005 v Nalbandian. Knew we had finally found a player.

Magnificent tournament and result for him and his team.

Haters gonna hate. But today they have to eat crow.

Soldato
It's a victory for Andy Murray...nothing more, its an individual professional sport..not a team sport.

You couldn't be more wrong.

I'm a huge Murray supporter but Lendl has given AM the last 5-10% that was very important in the US last season and here at Wimbledon (given the added home pressure)

Andy deserves it 110% , but there is a lot more than just what happens on court

V F

V F

Soldato

To say its not important is just as wrong as saying its all that matters.... Tim Henman was English and touted as such many a time. Nothing wrong with that but all the "its a GB victory" isj just playing into the argument of:

Is it a GB win? Yeah, but its also a win for Scotland and to ignore this makes you just as blinkered as you say the other people you are arguing against are.

It seemed to really bug Locky. Since he expelled his hate. Showed real maturity. Seemed to kick off from there.

Lol at Salmond waving the Scottish flag behind Cameron's head!

God I hate that slime ball behind Cameron.

Permabanned
You couldn't be more wrong.

I'm a huge Murray supporter but Lendl has given AM the last 5-10% that was very important in the US last season and here at Wimbledon (given the added home pressure)

Andy deserves it 110% , but there is a lot more than just what happens on court

Way to take what was said out of context and run with it!!!!!

Soldato

Who cares? One of the reasons I love tennis is that nationality and loyalty isn't really a factor. You get to watch two of the best athletes in the world competing without feeling obliged to support one of them, which means that you can truly appreciate the actual sporting prowess on display.

I'm overjoyed that Murray won. Not because he was born closer to me than Djokovic, but because I was at the game in 2005 against Nalbandian when he was a scrawny 18 year old, and appreciate the immense work he has put in to get to where he is now. It's an incredible achievement and I'm over the moon for him.

V F

V F

Soldato
but because I was at the game in 2005 against Nalbandian when he was a scrawny 18 year old, and appreciate the immense work he has put in to get to where he is now. It's an incredible achievement and I'm over the moon for him.

Damn! Was that when that was? I could have sworn it was 2007.

Back
Top Bottom