Show us your drawings/artwork

Soldato
So I've been doodling away for a week now and have found myself improving a great deal.

Actually managed to come up with 1 Manga and 1 Art-Deco pic that I think are actually not bad.

Now my scanner has stopped working AAAgh!

Printing fine but won't scan.

Never mind, more practice for me til I can scan and share with you.
Cool, it's amazing the difference a bit of practice can make.

I think I've improved more in the last 12 months than I have in the last 10 years (due to the amount of practice) - as with anything almost anybody can learn, it just needs time - look forward to seeing em.

My most recent request - about half done.

wip2_by_darkelmarko-d6g4q2b.jpg

Ren

Ren

Associate

I think I've improved more in the last 12 months than I have in the last 10 years (due to the amount of practice) - as with anything almost anybody can learn, it just needs time - look forward to seeing em.

:D That Wonder Woman is fantastic. Excellent work.

Associate
Impressive cmsbfent

Wonderwoman looking great as well elmarko

another freak from me, playing with fibermesh hairs at the moment in zbrush. Not exactly sure where this one is going:

thug_hairy.png

Associate

Only problem is where is that image coming from? You might be wandering into copyrighted material? Unless that is your drawing from scratch.

Soldato
Only problem is where is that image coming from? You might be wandering into copyrighted material? Unless that is your drawing from scratch.
It's based off a reference that one - by Michael Turner - but I don't sell any art or make any money from them.

Just give some away to people who donate to a charity I raise money for or just draw for personal enjoyment really.

Most of my work is from references, but a number of the more realistic ones (mostly the animal ones) are based off my own photo's (as I dabble in photography a little too).

It's also why I've gone back to the books to learn anatomy, as I can do reference based work but want to learn how to do them from scratch really.

Really like the most recent one btw, looks very "The hills have eyes" style!, you should consider doing one which fits into the Fallout universe (a mutated vault dweller) - would be pretty awesome.

Last edited:
Associate
It's based off a reference that one - by Michael Turner - but I don't sell any art or make any money from them.

Just give some away to people who donate to a charity I raise money for or just draw for personal enjoyment really.

Most of my work is from references, but a number of the more realistic ones (mostly the animal ones) are based off my own photo's (as I dabble in photography a little too).

It's also why I've gone back to the books to learn anatomy, as I can do reference based work but want to learn how to do them from scratch really.

Really like the most recent one btw, looks very "The hills have eyes" style!, you should consider doing one which fits into the Fallout universe (a mutated vault dweller) - would be pretty awesome.

I see, thought you was selling some of them. Really good of you to do some of them for charity.

I've started life drawing again and I find it stupidly hard to draw. I can sculpt it seems but not draw forms very well, need lots of practice.

Soldato
I see, thought you was selling some of them. Really good of you to do some of them for charity.
Haha - ay, the only ones I'd consider selling would be ones based off my own photographs really - but even then it's not really economically viable (as they take much longer than I'd ever be able to charge for them if I wanted to match my work over-time rate lol :p).

I've started life drawing again and I find it stupidly hard to draw. I can sculpt it seems but not draw forms very well, need lots of practice.
Oddly I've been doing a bit of 3d modelling sculpting myself (inspired by the work in here) - I can create new designs in 3D better than I can on paper oddly.

Makes no sense at all, for drawing I just split the reference in my head into 1000's of small lines & shapes & pencil sketch them systematically working from a rough starting point - to aid I draw very loose gestural lines to work from then rub them out once I get the basic placement sorted.

While this method works pretty well for drawing something you can see, it's useless for new concept style ideas (Which is actually the kind of thing I'd love to be able to do annoyingly!).

Even more confusingly on guitar I find it much easier to write new songs than play other peoples... so I've got the polar opposite problem for music compared to art, not to mention I'm able to play more complex parts which I've written (compared to trying to play other artists songs) - the human mind is a strange beast!.

Last edited:
Associate
Haha - ay, the only ones I'd consider selling would be ones based off my own photographs really - but even then it's not really economically viable (as they take much longer than I'd ever be able to charge for them if I wanted to match my work over-time rate lol :p).

Oddly I've been doing a bit of 3d modelling sculpting myself (inspired by the work in here) - I can create new designs in 3D better than I can on paper oddly.

Makes no sense at all, for drawing I just split the reference in my head into 1000's of small lines & shapes & pencil sketch them systematically working from a rough starting point - to aid I draw very loose gestural lines to work from then rub them out once I get the basic placement sorted.

While this method works pretty well for drawing something you can see, it's useless for new concept style ideas (Which is actually the kind of thing I'd love to be able to do annoyingly!).

I guess you basically need to store up all those images in your head and how things are built/form.

Painting/drawing from scratch is the true skill which will take you to those higher levels. You see a lot of those paintovers (suicide girls etc) on youtube which look amazing but then when you see them draw their own stuff the difference is unbelievable. This is all my opinion and remember I can hardly draw anyways!

3D is in between, it does all the perspective and depth (unless you screw up the lighting) for you.

Soldato
I guess you basically need to store up all those images in your head and how things are built/form.

Painting/drawing from scratch is the true skill which will take you to those higher levels. You see a lot of those paintovers (suicide girls etc) on youtube which look amazing but then when you see them draw their own stuff the difference is unbelievable. This is all my opinion and remember I can hardly draw anyways!

3D is in between, it does all the perspective and depth (unless you screw up the lighting) for you.
Yeah, I can imagine.

I'd like to do some life classes to be honest - as it's the kind of thing I can do (as it's in front of me!), landscape drawings outside I've always found not too hard, but creating totally new concepts & ideas from within is indeed a rare skill.

I can draw eyes & noses from scratch now (after learning the method) - but need to start working on the rest then adding it all together, Ideally I'd love to be able to draw an (almost) photo-realistic face from scratch without reference - then I'd feel I'd got to a competent level (currently just an enthusiastic armature!).

When doing reference based work it's easy really - as you just need to go slowly, rubbing out mistakes & just looking for differences as you draw each line - once you get the key points in the right place (eyes, face, head, key body lines) I tend to just make up the filling parts & not even look at the reference any-more.

Soldato
Something I've been working on over the last year or so on and off...

2013-06-02225945_zps644e52ac.jpg

Hoping to have it finished very soon. I'm not brilliant at faces though... :-/

Back
Top Bottom