Advanced Guide to Overclocking & Cooling

Associate
Done my first water cooling loop with a EK 240 Watercooling kit, was scared like hell before haha, but once i had done it and completed it, cools like a beast, and was very very easy, surprised me.

Associate
Does moving from a decent air cooler to a good water cooling loop offer more overclocking headroom on the recent Intel CPUs? Forget the noise improvements for a moment I'm interesting in pure OC performance gains if spending £300+ on a custom cooling solution...

Don
Does moving from a decent air cooler to a good water cooling loop offer more overclocking headroom on the recent Intel CPUs? Forget the noise improvements for a moment I'm interesting in pure OC performance gains if spending £300+ on a custom cooling solution...
It might allow you to push a bit more volts through the chip, whilst still keeping temperatures under control getting you maybe 100MHz, but wouldn't expect more than that to be honest.

Associate
An awesome guide. I never knew about these phase change systems existed for PCs until today. Everybody just talks about watercooling instead. Which is allright but doesn't gain very much over air cooling.

Back
Top Bottom