• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hmmm, no different.

Crysis in single screen hitting about 50fps which was lower like I said and in Crossfire 5760x1080 it's just woeful, constant stuttering. I have ULPS disabled.

Last time I ran Crysis (6000x1200) I got pretty good performance, can't remember the FPS but it was smooth. CPU isn't overclocked, didn't disable any cores - GPUs weren't 100% use

Admittedly I wasn't running AAx8, which would probably do it. That seems like ridiculous overkill on a game which doesn't work too well with AA at all (I remember being advised to use the console command to activate its implementation of edge-detect AAx4 so that foliage looked its best).

Associate
Hopefully this is the right forum.
I've never had this issue before, but in dxdiag, hardware monitor and in Sleeping Dogs game, they all display my old graphics card details.
I've upgraded from an asus 6850 to the HIS 7950. I've upgraded drivers on various cards with no issue before. I've followed the first page of this thread to the letter, but still it seems there is something detecting my old card. I'm sure this is hampering my performance as sleeping dogs on normal settings only gives me 30fps with lows of 14fps!!
Any help please?

Soldato
I've never had this issue before, but in dxdiag, hardware monitor and in Sleeping Dogs game, they all display my old graphics card details.
I've upgraded from an asus 6850 to the HIS 7950. I've upgraded drivers on various cards with no issue before. I've followed the first page of this thread to the letter, but still it seems there is something detecting my old card. I'm sure this is hampering my performance as sleeping dogs on normal settings only gives me 30fps with lows of 14fps!!
Any help please?

Uninstall the drivers, then use the AMD wipe tool to get rid of anything still lying about. Then reinstall the latest drivers.

Caporegime
Any help please?

I'm guessing you might be cpu bottlenecked if your sig is up to date.

Associate
Uninstall the drivers, then use the AMD wipe tool to get rid of anything still lying about. Then reinstall the latest drivers.

Hello.

Yeah I tried the AMD tool as well. It seemd to work, then when I restarted again the old values returned. It's as if they're ghosted somewhere and keep defaulting? I've even tried ccleaner, running driver wiper in safe mode etc all to clear registry entries. I'm thinking manually cleaning the registry may be the only way.

Caporegime
Would my cpu really hold it back on just normal settings? I've not even installed the HD content.
I do know it's one of the hardest games to get up and running. Very badly optimised.

Actually the game is extremely well optimized.

I've seen a 7850 get bottlenecked by an i3 Ivybridge cpu with hyper threading in this game so i would suggest your problem likely lies with your cpu.

Associate
Actually the game is extremely well optimized.

I've seen a 7850 get bottlenecked by an i3 Ivybridge cpu with hyper threading in this game so i would suggest your problem likely lies with your cpu.

Blimey! Never thought it was that intensive. I did notice during the benchies that my gpu was 100% load.
My only caveat to that would be the fact I have lower performance with my new card than the old.

Associate
What is your gpu usage like while playing the actual game?

It still loads out and I get screen tearing and bad stuttering. It ran smooth on my old card with just normal settings. I've also completely uninstalled the game and cleared all my old saves and settings so it would start fresh. I'm convinced it's due to a driver clash with the old drivers. Just don't know how to fix it

Caporegime
It still loads out and I get screen tearing and bad stuttering. It ran smooth on my old card with just normal settings. I've also completely uninstalled the game and cleared all my old saves and settings so it would start fresh. I'm convinced it's due to a driver clash with the old drivers. Just don't know how to fix it

Try following steps 1-10 in this guide and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't then you can rule out driver issues i expect.

I assume you're using the latest 13.10 beta drivers?

Soldato

I would disable Windows auto driver download from windows update just to be on the safe side.. Makes no sense but neither does the rest of your problem from what i been able to read so fare.

Associate
Try following steps 1-10 in this guide and see if that fixes the problem. If it doesn't then you can rule out driver issues i expect.

I assume you're using the latest 13.10 beta drivers?

Ok, thanks. I'll try that when I get home.
Driverfusion is the same as driversweeper isn't it? It's the first time I've used it as I always used driversweeper.
I tried the 13.10 but had the same issues so went back to the 13.4. I was hoping the jump from 13.4 to 13.10 then back again using all the uninstalls and wipes would finally erase the old ones.

If that fails then I can see a clean install on the cards. Oh joy :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom