What film did you watch last night?

Associate
Pizza and film Thursdays, finally watched the remake of Evil Dead, turned out better than I was expecting, some stupid things going on but I quite enjoyed it, and certainly made me cringe at some of the painful things going on haha.

We also previewed (first 20 mins) of Castaway on the Moon, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1499666/ which is next on our list and looks really good.

Soldato
Willow

Not seen it in a while but my Bluray steelbook came yesterday. It really looked fantastic. It had a little bit of grain but it felt as If i was at cinema :) Loved every minute of it.
8/10

Cant wait to watch The Princess Bride again they don't make movies like they used to

Can't beat the oldies, Legend is one of my favourite. Tim Curry's 'Darkness' is one of my childhood scary monsters!

Labyrinth (Aka David Bowie's crotch shots), Princess Bride, Willow, The Dark Crystal, Krull, Time Bandits, Clash of the Titans, Flash Gordon, Conan, Flight of the Dragons, Big Trouble in Little China, The Witches of Eastwick, Who Framed Roger Rabbit are all some of my favourite 80s films.

Only recent film which has captured the essence of the old 80s fantasy epics in my opinion is Stardust which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Soldato
OP
Pacific Rim 7/10 - Saw it at the cinema and loved it although I definately recognise its glaring flaws. At home I sit 5 feet from a 46" and have 5.1 so it was just as impressive. However, the 2 scientists were so bad and everyone doing an accent thats not their own does grate. Still find the battles awesome (although yea just use the damn sword) although as was said when in cinema would have been nice to have a few day time battles without the rain obscuring everything.

Lone Ranger - 6/10 Know it was slated but found it enjoyable enough, some nice action sequences (you can definately see the budget on the screen) and found the guy playing the Lone Ranger good. Johnny Depp...I knew exactly when he was going to make one of 'his' faces everytime and the dialogue for him was nothing special and exactly as expected. He was serviceable. Liked William Fictner as the bad guy as like him in most things.

Associate
Behind The Candelabra - 8/10 Really well acted and funny. An all-round great film.
Prisoners - 8/10 - Very disturbing and gripping. Really good thriller.
Runner Runner - 4/10 - Meh.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
This is the end. 8/10

Laughed almost the entire film, recommend everyone watch it :)

This film confused me, my friends said it was hilarious, I started watching it, first 15mins or so it's a 'what the **** is this ****?'. Then it just snaps into funniness.

Associate
This is the end - 2/10 (unsure how it obtained its IMDB score. Maybe one laugh when they were discussing Emma Watson sleeping over)

Pacific Rim - 4/10 (purely for the visual effects)

Been a bit of a poor start to the weekend really!

Caporegime
Pacific Rim 1/10 - CGI-fest and plot written by a moron with 0 understanding of basic physics

But a nuclear reator... it IS analogue isn't it :p Whole thing was laughable, I really don't get people thinking the fights were good. Face punch, face punch, oh yeah, we have weapons. Embarrassing.

Afaik pretty much every monster kill came from a weapon being used at the end of the fight...... so precisely why couldn't jets kill these things before they hit shore? Also why in films like this do jets ignore I dunno, safe long range weaponary and use a tiny cannon so close the monsters can swat them out of the way?

Associate
Star Trek- Into Darkness.
I'm not a 'trekkie' as such, but I am a fan of Star Trek. This film promised much but delivered very little. No decent battles and a boring storyline. Like watching one of the slower DS9s.
(Best Trek ever, IMHO, was the multi-part 'All good things', which was the final Next Generation story. Now that is how it should be done...).

Soldato
This film confused me, my friends said it was hilarious, I started watching it, first 15mins or so it's a 'what the **** is this ****?'. Then it just snaps into funniness.

I thought that too. The funniest moment has to be when they are arguing over the dirty magazine, genuinely had me laughing out loud lol.

Back
Top Bottom