• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

***THE BF4 BENCHMARKS THREAD***

Mobster
Soldato
I wouldn't say useless. I mean I still hardly ever see the framerate drop below 60 and if it does its only into the 50's and when there is **** loads of stuff kicking off in front of and around me. Trouble is, at these moments I can see GPU usage drop to as low as 60% on both cards so I know if I had an i7 I would see a big boost.....

However, seen as i'm getting mid /high 50's as the very minimum, im not going to be in a massive rush to go out and buy an i5. On the plus side, my 670's are keeping nice, cool and quiet and are barely breaking a sweat!

Dropping to mid 50s with an SLI setup and an i5 only shows how bad those components perform in BF4. My SINGLE GPU setup drops to mid 40s-50s. Stays above 65 FPS on ultra.

Soldato
How about we see what the final game says?

We all know that an i5 will bottleneck sli/xfire in BF3 and BF4, but saying that an i5 is useless based on what can occasionally happen in the beta (which is an old build) with win7 is a bit premature and more than a little over the top.

Caporegime
Dropping to mid 50s with an SLI setup and an i5 only shows how bad those components perform in BF4. My SINGLE GPU setup drops to mid 40s-50s. Stays above 65 FPS on ultra.

Pretty good for something that cost me £150 2 and a half years ago if you ask me :)

I will be keeping an eye out for a cheap 2700k or 3770k though in the next few weeks....

Mobster
Soldato
How about we see what the final game says?

We all know that an i5 will bottleneck sli/xfire in BF3 and BF4, but saying that an i5 is useless based on what can occasionally happen in the beta (which is an old build) with win7 is a bit premature and more than a little over the top.

I agree.

Soldato
I expect the final game will perform better on an i5, but the signs are quite clear that gaming is moving quickly to i7/8 core territory for best performance.

Mobster
Soldato
R3hxTlMy.jpeg

3930k @5ghz usage on BF4 64/64 man server on ultra/high custom settings. 1080p ofc.

Soldato
I have to disagree with an I5 being useless on BF4 and future games, far from useless. Yes they might not make the most of a high end GPU because of 4 threads, but I'm still hitting 60fps solid with the odd dip down into mid 50's with ultra settings across the board and 2x MSAA with vsync enabled. It's pretty decent if you ask me I'm very impressed. And I'm sure the full game will be better optimized, I'm certainly not rushing to the shops to buy an I7 yet. And I still have another 7950 sitting in its box next to me waiting to into my rig, theres more life in my I5 yet :)

Last edited:
Mobster
Soldato
I have to disagree with an I5 being useless on BF4 and future games, far from useless. Yes they might not make the most of a high end GPU because of 4 threads, but I'm still hitting 60fps solid with the odd dip down into mid 50's with ultra settings across the board and 2x MSAA with vsync enabled. It's pretty decent if you ask me I'm very impressed. And I'm sure the full game will be better optimized, I'm certainly not rushing to the shops to buy an I7 yet. And I still have another 7950 sitting in its box next to me waiting to into my rig, theres more life in my I5 yet :)

Yea, and people have told me they run BF4 maxed out on a 760 at 80+fps avarage.

Mobster
Soldato
Min Max Avg
6 94 66.03
My FPS on 15 minutes of BF4 on the Low preset. It certainly feels much lower than 66 average; it stutters very badly.

Yep, this is proof that Nvidia is quite bad for BF4. In this case its probably the slow-ass memory bandwidth and small frame pool.

you're getting lower avarages than i did on Ultra preset.

Soldato
I think an i7 and a decent overclocked 7950 is enough for this game and i have a video on youtube in the morning to prove it. With BF3 it was 'oh ur gona need 2x 580's to play this maxed out'. Now were getting similar comments for BF4 and this just isnt true. I'd question peoples system if it cant be played on similar hardware that others run BF4 fine on. Of course there is some bugs but thats to be expected. I'm on Windows 7 Home Premium and its running rather peachy for me :)

Btw i ran BF4 maxed out @ 3840x1080 earlier and it was using 2.6GB VRAM over about 10-15 minutes. Obviously not playable on 2 screen with crosshairs split between them but i just wanted to test it out. I was averaging around 30-40fps :p

Soldato
Yep, this is proof that Nvidia is quite bad for BF4. In this case its probably the slow-ass memory bandwidth and small frame pool.

you're getting lower avarages than i did on Ultra preset.

Seems like it. My friend has a 7950 and he says he has no problems, yet I get better FPS than him on BF3. Really strange.

Mobster
Soldato
Seems like it. My friend has a 7950 and he says he has no problems, yet I get better FPS than him on BF3. Really strange.

BF3 is Nvidia optimized you know, and it doesnt fill the frame buffer as much. So your RAM doesnt start dumping on to HDD (Which causes stuttering, and is also the reason why you should have atleast 3gb VRAM :) )

Back
Top Bottom