***Dayz: Stand Alone Thread***

Soldato
I really hope this is true, however was we not here before last christmas???

Well if its a db mine its true. About a month or two from when they found it on the humble bundle to it going live, but that means nothing as to when it might actually come out. Heres hoping its soon!

Caporegime
needs a sales date halloween perfect match probably trying to get it to tie in with that might be too much of a push well see. will defintely be out for christmas.

Permabanned
Considering a few weeks back Rocket said he's dropped everything including seeing family and stuff like that to focus hard on the game it must be round the corner, you would only do that if you were nearing a deadline you'd set yourself.

Even if it's just an open beta it's a start and means the game is actually coming.

Associate
Played DayZ mod for a while with Goon if you remember. :D

Was great fun, remember Sasso or Muzza getting run over which was tragically hilarious. :D Had to stop due to school work, hopefully the standalone is released soon, really looking forward to it now that I'm back into gaming a bit more.

Soldato
OP
Played DayZ mod for a while with Goon if you remember. :D

Was great fun, remember Sasso or Muzza getting run over which was tragically hilarious. :D Had to stop due to school work, hopefully the standalone is released soon, really looking forward to it now that I'm back into gaming a bit more.

Haha oh yeah, we've still got that video!! That was so funny.

You coming back for a run with us on Standalone mate?

Witcher1979 said:
Yes we were ready for a release last xmas before Rocket had to go away or something.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/pos...december-2012/

Its a lot different this year thankfully. Rocket was native to think he do what he wanted so quick. It should now be out before Christmas. And if its not then he’s having some huge issues.

Associate
needs a sales date halloween perfect match probably trying to get it to tie in with that might be too much of a push well see. will defintely be out for christmas.

Why don't you message your good friend Matt and get us all a solid date?

Really hope it out for Halloween cant wait to break my Dayz cherry. Witcher I'm hunting for you mate :D Im bringing six with me stealing all your gear then sending Six up the largest mountain with all your gear.:D

Caporegime
[TFU] Thegoon84;25166442 said:
Haha :D

Wonder how much attention this thread will get it
. Best way to judge a games popularity is by how active the thread here is!

Considering it wasn't the original standalone thread and is never updated, I don't know :o

Associate
[TFU] Thegoon84;25166376 said:
Haha oh yeah, we've still got that video!! That was so funny.

You coming back for a run with us on Standalone mate?

Would be awesome to go have a run with TFU for the standalone, was great fun during the mod, it was a shame my work got out of hand. Should be okay this year though. Might try to get on the team speak at some point and play some Battlefield if you guys don't mind. :p :D

Soldato
Have never understood the following this game has. Its like a really awful cod game, slow and glitchy. I know there is meant to be a survival aspect but lets face it...there isnt. Zombies cant even touch you if you keep moving and then go indoors its bizarre how it got so popular to me :/

Have a friend making money streaming this, apparently people like to pay to watch somebody else camp about with a group of people picking off loners, and if you die and 'lose your stuff' you just go to a tent to replenish? Really whats the point of the game lol.

Soldato
Have never understood the following this game has. Its like a really awful cod game, slow and glitchy. I know there is meant to be a survival aspect but lets face it...there isnt. Zombies cant even touch you if you keep moving and then go indoors its bizarre how it got so popular to me :/

Have a friend making money streaming this, apparently people like to pay to watch somebody else camp about with a group of people picking off loners, and if you die and 'lose your stuff' you just go to a tent to replenish? Really whats the point of the game lol.

There really would be no point explaining it to you! Some people get it, some people dont, its just the nature of the game (although the tent thing is actually the result of long term play or hacking, one or the other).

Last edited:
Soldato
There really would be no point explaining it to you! Some people get it, some people dont, its just the nature of the game.

I am not hating, you are right in the respect that its not the sort of game for me as i prefer the more fast paced and dare i say 'skillful' DM style games like quake and unreal. But you could still explain what appeals about it to you? I am not going to **** all over your opinions i am genuinely curious as to what you find interesting about it. Especially if you are one of these people that watches others play lol.

e.g. is it the big maps etc, do you also enjoy the battlefield style games?

Caporegime

it depends how you play it sometimes its boring sometimes its truley epic.

also playstyle can be like chalk and cheese so move slowly survive some go for all out battles like me and who i play with. had some epic battles with some on here like MGT lot and the likes which have lasted for like a week at a time :p

if we get squads like that and tfu and others could make for some epic fun. thing is with how stuff is locked down now for standalone aswell there is no chance of unfair play either gunna be awesome !

Permabanned
COD, slow and glitchy lol?

However much I dislike the COD series now it's one of the most polished and fast paced FPS games there is.

Back
Top Bottom