California Road Trip with a Child. (56K NO NO)

Man of Honour
DSC_0497_zps054f6e77.jpg

I loved that Bridge - it's the bit where the road in the valley got wiped out by a rockslide so they... built a bridge over to a road on the other side of the river and just left it, it looked so cool.

Soldato
This made me lol. You come across as a big guy any other time?

Nice trip but I expected more from the food point? Im going to florida soon as my boys 5! 2 years yet! So hope the foods better than what you posted. Did it let you down? You seem pretty chunky lol?

Im expecting man vrs food shiz :D

Well, I'm just weak at the sight of a gun. I'm sure many others are aswell.

its not the actual gun though, more the person holding it, I start thinking "who are they, what's their state of mind?.. are the responsable"

Hmm

Associate
Just got back from a very similar road trip myself, we made a detour to Las Vegas :D

Made my morning, so many of those pictures I could have taken myself just a few weeks ago. Great trip, would recommend it to anyone!

Our Trip:
33xir8z.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I enjoyed that, nice to see your little girl happy at Disney. My little boy is 13 months old and I wouldn't consider doing something like that with him at that age, would you say your little girl was old enough for such a holiday or would you have waited until she was older in hindsight?

Don
OP
Nice, but who in the day in age is still using 56k

Wooooosh ;)

brilliant!

how long was you there for?

Three weeks.

Thank you for the nice comments, glad people enjoyed it and maybe gave them thoughts about doing it themselves.

Obviously those without a young kid could do Vegas, Death Valley etc. But we had done that before but certainly easy to add to the trip.

Caporegime
Very interesting, brave decision to do that with a 2 year old although it sounds like you got on fine. I'd never be able to persuade my wife to do that trip with our 2 year old!

America really is a fantastic place.

Don
OP
I enjoyed that, nice to see your little girl happy at Disney. My little boy is 13 months old and I wouldn't consider doing something like that with him at that age, would you say your little girl was old enough for such a holiday or would you have waited until she was older in hindsight?

Oh definitely wait if your making it a holiday about your kids, but selfish as it sounds this was basically a holiday that was for Sarah and I to get in before Sophia was two and we had to pay for a full seat for her! If we were to do proper Disney world I'd of waited a few years.

This post sounds like she was a hindrance, not at all, but she won't remember anything in few years so no point planning a massive holiday around your kids until they're like 5+

Associate
How did you find the driving over there? I'm just over to Portland just now for a month with work and will be getting a rental car shortly. I dislike driving at the best of times to be honest, so not too keen on this other side of the road thing.

Soldato
Great write up, looks like you had a great time!

A few years back I went with a group of friends to Vancouver and the surrounding area. We also hired a car and ended up with an Impala, which as you say looked really dull but was great fun to drive - even when filled with five adult men and luggage. Got rather hooked on the sound of the V6!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom