Motorola Moto G - new budget smartphone champion?

Soldato
Trying to persuade my Nephew to go for one of these for Christmas as he's after a new phone. Excellent value for money but not too keen on the fact the battery cannot be removed.

Soldato
Should I get a G as a gift?

I already bought the S4mini as a Christmas purchase for someone who wants their first smartphone.

I'm wondering if I should return it and save my self a hundred plus quid and get this instead.

Caporegime
meh

Looks like what I was told (way before the moto x launch) was right all along then except I imagined it would be better :(

Phone looks incredibly cheap imo and the bezel is huge, nothing like the moto x

No doubt it is a great phone for the "price" though.

As for moto x arriving in 2014, lol too late as usual moto and no doubt will have a hefty price tag......

Really want to pick one of these up. Still using a crappy Ace, but the contract is great for the money (5000 texts, 500MB 3G, for only £7/m). If I pick up the sim free version of this phone, can I just pop my sim card into it and start using it, essentially ditching my Ace?

Associate
Really want to pick one of these up. Still using a crappy Ace, but the contract is great for the money (5000 texts, 500MB 3G, for only £7/m). If I pick up the sim free version of this phone, can I just pop my sim card into it and start using it, essentially ditching my Ace?
Yep you can as the phone is unlocked so it takes any network sim card.

What network are you with as that sounds really good for a tariff?

Soldato
Thursday morning I went up to the local Phones4u shop, of course they didn't have any in stock, he advised me to call the sales line.

When I got home I called to check they had them in stock, as their website says 'free next day delivery'. The guy initially has no idea what the Moto G is, so heads of to find out, comes back to say 'yes the 8gb is in stock' so I finish up and order one online.

The order receipt says 24 to 48 hours for delivery. What happened to the next day delivery they advertise?!?!

Nothing arrived yesterday and I have no tracking info. Checking the Phones4u site, it looks like they say they use DPD for their next day delivery and I should probably have had a tracking e-mail, or at least a text.

Only really getting this to review, but will likely hand on to it as a backup device at this price.

Back
Top Bottom