Project "Paint it Black"

Man of Honour
OP
looking forward to this Kaap, are you putting the BE under water once blocks are available???

d8d3ea90c58bac05ec5586ca0b97c417_zps3629dcd3.jpg

No

I have a RIVE that has waterblocks that has never worked right so some of the parts for this build like the CPU PSU and RAM are coming out of that mobo. I have put the poor performance of my 3970X down to that mobo not cooling properly and hopefully I will have more luck with the BE. I think the problems I have had with a W/C RIVE has put me off blocks on the mobo even though I think it was a one off.

Soldato
No

I have a RIVE that has waterblocks that has never worked right so some of the parts for this build like the CPU PSU and RAM are coming out of that mobo. I have put the poor performance of my 3970X down to that mobo not cooling properly and hopefully I will have more luck with the BE. I think the problems I have had with a W/C RIVE has put me off blocks on the mobo even though I think it was a one off.

possibly a one off, but the vrm's will defo need some form of active cooling when pushing high clocks.

Caporegime
I benched 1200w Leadex on 4 R290X and 6.2ghz + Haswell. totally stable for records. With 1.4v to each card. Truly top quality PSU these in terms of both performance and noise levels. I am so impressed with these bad boys they are my new PSU of choice for the 8Pack systems.

You sure a 1350 - 1500W single PSU wouldn't do it? :confused:

Man of Honour
OP
You sure a 1350 - 1500W single PSU wouldn't do it? :confused:

Positive.:D

I think 8 Pack was using a very good quality PSU and even then going way past it's normal operating limits, not something you would want to do 24/7.:D

I also think that SB-E plus 4 R290Xs will use even more power than 8 Packs Haswell setup.

I did try running 3 x 290Xs on one 1200i and they brought the poor PSU to it's knees. 8 Pack has had better success using the SuperFlower PSUs but even then for a 24/7 PC I would still use two.

Soldato
Positive.:D

I think 8 Pack was using a very good quality PSU and even then going way past it's normal operating limits, not something you would want to do 24/7.:D

I also think that SB-E plus 4 R290Xs will use even more power than 8 Packs Haswell setup.

I did try running 3 x 290Xs on one 1200i and they brought the poor PSU to it's knees. 8 Pack has had better success using the SuperFlower PSUs but even then for a 24/7 PC I would still use two.

Congratulations, you've just made me very nervous. I am planning on running 3 x 290 and 1 x 7990 on my SuperFlower 1300W

Man of Honour
OP
Congratulations, you've just made me very nervous. I am planning on running 3 x 290 and 1 x 7990 on my SuperFlower 1300W

For mining you may get away with it but it would be a good idea to ask someone better qualified than me.

I will not be mining on mine, I will be putting at least 1.4v through all the GPUs and anything up to 1.55v through the CPU doing a little benching.

Man of Honour
OP
Nice to see you got the case sorted dude. Subbed.

Thanks.

The only problem is with no rads in there it may look a little empty but I needed a case that could take two PSUs and four cards.

Having said that though after lugging my LD V8 around with all the rads, waterblocks and cards in it, it is going to be nice lifting something half the weight.

Man of Honour
OP
Off topic question Kaapstad what part of Cape Town are you from?

It's my mum who is from Cape Town but I have spent a lot of time there. I used to stay out in Muizenberg with my family a lot. I have quite a big family in Cape Town but they are spread all over the place. These days if I go there though I prefer to stay in Seapoint on my own as this gives me the opportunity to party hard without having to worry about other family members.:D

Associate
Wow, 1800W power draw - that's pretty insane. I dread to think what your electricity bill is given that you have a quad Titan rig and dual 690 system too if I recall correctly!

What fans are they that you replaced the standard chassis ones in the 900D with by the way? Are they the Corsair AF120's? I'm considering replacing the ones in my 900D with them, but I'll probably go with the low noise AP120's (think that's what they're called, can't remember now).

Back
Top Bottom