Anybody here wear non prescription glasses for fashion?

Soldato
Glasses are a pain in the arse. Don't understand why someone would wear glasses that served no purpose, they're something I put up with because I can't see without them, and I much prefer my contacts.

Too scared to get laser surgery.

Associate
Glasses are a pain in the arse. Don't understand why someone would wear glasses that served no purpose, they're something I put up with because I can't see without them, and I much prefer my contacts.

Too scared to get laser surgery.

Agree with this. I only wear glasses when I really need to, such as when driving, for walking around they're just annoying and I make do with not being able to read things far away. Don't want the hassle of contact lenses, nor the risks of surgery.

Having had to wear glasses when I was younger (had laser surgery as soon it I could) I can't understand why anyone would choose to wear them. They are uncomfortable, get knocked off, sat on, stood on, just a complete pain.

Mind you given the various 'fashions' through a lifetime wearing fake glasses is probably well down the list.

Current best fashion trend is yoga pants. Something I hope we can all agree to.

Man of Honour
Dunno about any other specific case but I know of someone (public figure) who for them its about public and private image, the glasses are part of the face they put on in public, one they are home and "on their own time" the glasses come off and they feel like a different person.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dunno about any other specific case but I know of someone (public figure) who for them its about public and private image, the glasses are part of the face they put on in public, one they are home and "on their own time" the glasses come off and they feel like a different person.

Clark Kent, is that you?

e:

Wait.. Superman had to wear fake glasses right? I mean his vision must be pretty good.

Are fake classes wearers superheroes? Or in some other way having to wear a disguise?

Last edited:
Associate
qr

I have prescription glasses that I don't need to wear at all for seeing, for fashion purposes. I only have a minimal prescription, and it sharpens things up very slightly, but entirely optional at all times. One pair Ray Bans and the other Gant, and they're both awesome :)

Permabanned
No, I do not. Having spent a considerable sum of money on laser surgery to free myself from glasses, I also find it bizarre that somebody with normal vision would choose to wear them. I know there's a perception that people who wear glasses are somehow smarter, and so I would refer those people to exhibit A:

ds5b.jpg

Exhibit A - George W Bush wearing spectacles.

I work in an Opticians and I'd say quite a few stupid people wear them. :p

Soldato
i wear normal lenses in my safety specs every workday as they are a requirement for the lab, its nice to get them off at the end of a day so i dont see why people would want to wear glasses out of choice

Associate
I wear glasses everyday as I am as blind as a bat without, I'd love nothing more then laser eye surgery so I no longer have to wear them and be able to see without squinting like a 70yr old woman.
Why anyone would want to wear them to 'be cool' or 'look smart' just baffles me.

Soldato
Ahh yes, lets all jump on the hipster bandwagon and perpetuate hate for people due to how they look. What a totally ridiculous comment. Why on earth should it matter to you if they wear glasses because they want to? People are much more than that and perhaps they're better off without your friendship if it's premised on such a shallow judgement.

[/rant]

Because it's gay

Back
Top Bottom