• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I like to dabble in 3d gaming so it makes quite a big difference when crossfire doesn't work! Like I said too much time seems to be devoted to Mantle and not enough to getting the fundamental issues in order! I have now come to the realisation that Mantle isn't something I'll ever really use as directx provides enough performance for me and I would miss SweetFX too much (unless a mantle version is released).

Caporegime
Well if it is any consolation, I am also a 3D gamer and 3D is completely broken in this at present. It does look like it would suit 3D as well, so if they fix it soon, I may well give it a play.

Soldato
OP
I'll update the scores later.:)

UE3 modified but still not demanding.

+1,

Iv'e said that from the start when Mantle was announced for Thief, I doubt it's bringing anything to the table for me, maybe it's a game changer on low level gpu's, but even mid range gpus will smash Thief@1080p.

3D is completely broken in this at present. It does look like it would suit 3D as well, so if they fix it soon, I may well give it a play.

It's looking like an engine fault as it's not working on any 14.* AMD driver.

Soldato
Heres mine :

2q2h2dg.jpg

4770K @ 4.4GHZ 780 @ Stock

Hmmm, i seem to get worst scores when overclocking? how does that work lol

Last edited:
Associate
What drivers are crossfire users using?

I'm on the 9.2 betas for the sake of no choppy sounds with vsync, and performance is a bit meh at times. That's with 3x r290s

Dips down to the low 50s

It's not the nicest looking game from the first mission, so don't see why it should run worse than tombraider

Also, in the menus, I'm getting some weird effect where some letters are missing from the menu headings. So, instead of seeing graphic options, I'm seeing g a hic o t o s

How all very meh

Associate
+1.

I'm pretty surprised at this tbh. AMD have been on the ball on this front for a long time now with all the big releases. (bar some gameworks titles - which is not surprising) But its surprising to see there is no crossfire profile for Thief. They must be snowed under with Mantle issues atm.

Yeah i got it sorted now. Like a boss. :D
hi, can you tell me how it works if you add a CCC profile for Thief and choose a crossfire exe like e.g. Dishonored.exe (since it's done with UE3 too) ? thanks :)
p.s.: but if you have 2x290x maybe you will have issues the same with the audio stuttering bug... so someone else with other cards can try that ?

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD game without a crossfire profile?

And to think there was a grand conspiracy at the next day patch when Batman had no Crossfire support.

Some serious head to desk stuff. How do you people cope :D

Soldato
Really? No Mantle or Crossfire on release day for an AMD game? :(

I doesn't matter how good performance promises to be, if by then people have moved on and are playing something else.

I nearly pulled the trigger on one of those bargain 7990 but instead went for a 780Ti. Multi-GPU setups, either AMD or Nvidia, really are way too much of a new game lottery.

Caporegime
No disappointment here :D I waiting till March patch. :D

Unless they do some miracle with the sound, I feel you are going to be let down on True Audio Shanks. The sound for me is awful. I hear people clear as day through walls and moving away doesn't make their volume drop and just silly things. The repetitive NPC's will also drive you nuts.

I hope they do use True Audio to its fullest but I feel it is going to be a bit of an after thought bud. Hopefully I am wrong, and quite interested to see how True Audio pans out (pun intended) :)

Soldato
Yes, but the best performance optimizations are for 290 cards only at the moment. Not to say you won't get a nice boost though, even with a 7850.

Nice. Should be good performance boost to look forward to on a 280x when I get it then.

I thought Mantle was just an audio thing, I didn't realise it had perfomance enhancing capabilities.

How much have you gained so far roughly speaking?

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
Nice. Should be good performance boost to look forward to on a 280x when I get it then.

I thought Mantle was just an audio thing, I didn't realise it had perfomance enhancing capabilities.

How much have you gained so far roughly speaking?

You may get a decent boost as it's a GCN card. TrueAudio and Mantle are different features. Not all the range support TA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom