• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Official THIEF-Incorporating AMD™ Mantle™/True Audio™/Bench mark Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Nice. Should be good performance boost to look forward to on a 280x when I get it then.

I thought Mantle was just an audio thing, I didn't realise it had perfomance enhancing capabilities.

How much have you gained so far roughly speaking?

Hard to say specifically, as its difficult to bench and i can't record video footage. Comparing to DX11.1 is difficult at the moment otherwise i would've been all over it. However i did post a fps/screenshot comparison earlier. I have to say, Mantle feels superb and my Kill death Ratio has flown up in BF4 since i started using it. Its just so fluid and responsive and that's before you talk about the extra performance increases it gave me.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25915105&postcount=264

Soldato
Hard to say specifically, as its difficult to bench and i can't record video footage. Comparing to DX11.1 is difficult at the moment otherwise i would've been all over it. However i did post a fps/screenshot comparison earlier. I have to say, Mantle feels superb and my Kill death Ratio has flown up in BF4 since i started using it. Its just so fluid and responsive and that's before you talk about the extra performance increases it gave me.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25915105&postcount=264

Nice, and at the end of the day, it's about this B]I have to say, Mantle feels superb and my Kill death Ratio has flown up in BF4 since i started using it. Its just so fluid and responsive[/B] rather than FPS.

:)

Soldato
Just ran a quick benchmark, used very high in the launcher @ 1920 x 1200, averaged 66.8 fps @ 1175/ 1475 on a single 290x. That's using Direct X as well. Rather happy with that. What's the mantle performance like, or is it broken? :p

Associate
second try but this time with 4770K o/c to 4400MHz.

thief-5.jpg

zpaf is this done @1080p? If so I am a little confused:confused:
My score with a 780 classi @993 48 91 71.1
I don't understand this.

Caporegime
Gimme a sec. There was a picture of real time video capturing on the box I assumed was a new feature. Didnt AMD include something in their drivers to allow for encoding? -Ed I read Warsam was looking into it. :O

He said it was possible to capture Mantle if you had a capture card. That was it i think. I know nothing about capture cards tbh.

Caporegime
670 SLi

Single card, old drivers:

shipping_thiefgame_2014_03_01_16_58_14_98.jpg

Dual cards new drivers (Edit: STOCK - didn't apply overclock after driver change!):

shipping_thiefgame_2014_03_01_17_14_13_87.jpg

Dual card overclocked, much better:

shipping_thiefgame_2014_03_01_17_28_05_52.jpg

Still beating heavily overclocked 290x's and Titans :D

Sli scaling is not that wonderful though in this : /

Spec - 3770k at 4.5ghz , 16gb ram
overclock : 1 boosts to 1176 and the other boosts to 1150. Memory is at +405 offset ( so i think something like 6810mhz effective)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom