• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FX8350 Overclocking FSB vs Multiplier

Soldato
I wouldn't go past 1.55 on a custom loop and don't like past 1.5 for 24/7. You will be surprised at the abuse these chips can take, its often the motherboard which has more problems with the voltage unless you are running a board as or more expensive than the 8320.

Soldato
I think I might email AMD to get there official opinion. They confirmed a few thing for with the FX8350 so the should with the FX9590

Why don't you just listen to the guys here dude?

On a H100 or dual rad AIO you don't want to push any more than 1.5v. This is the area where an Asus board, for example, will turn the Vcore red. They do this for a reason, it's a warning.

The only time I have ever seen any one shove 1.65v through a CPU was either by -

Accident, resulting in a dead CPU or

Under DICE/LN2 in order to break world records.

So as I said I would listen to the guys here before you end up causing your equipment or yourself serious damage.

Associate
OP
Why don't you just listen to the guys here dude?

On a H100 or dual rad AIO you don't want to push any more than 1.5v. This is the area where an Asus board, for example, will turn the Vcore red. They do this for a reason, it's a warning.

The only time I have ever seen any one shove 1.65v through a CPU was either by -

Accident, resulting in a dead CPU or

Under DICE/LN2 in order to break world records.

So as I said I would listen to the guys here before you end up causing your equipment or yourself serious damage.

Nothing wrong with the getting a opinion from the manufacturer DUDE!

And at what point did I say ohhhhh yeah I have just wacked 1.65v through my CPU, it was a general question. DUDE!

Last edited:
Associate
There are a load... still not sure I've got mine totally sorted. Can play bf4, eu4, Far Cry 3, Guild Wars 2 for hours on end but then randomly on Batmah: Arkham Asylum (a 5 year old game) I get a random system_service_exception BSOD... Of course half way through the pre-joker boss fight :D

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
OK quick test done. Stock I transcoded a movie that was not too large and ran the same operation after the settings in the picture below:

Encoding_with_FSB_overclock.PNG

It completed the task 44 seconds quicker or approx 20% improvement.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom