Our Bullmastiff caught a burglar last night

Caporegime
Prepare to get sued by the burglar for injuries caused by your dog :p

Private property and clearly not someone who was meant to be there... the OP would be given quite a wide birth in terms of beating the intruder let alone a dog who's responding entirely naturally

a dog biting someone in public is another matter, but in your own home/garden is rather different... it would also require the scumbag to hand himself in/incriminate himself

Soldato
I've got 2 Bull mastiffs... 1 had a retained testicle and we ended up getting it removed and snipped the other 1... he's now 12 stone :( and we've had him to the vets as his brother is half the weight.. but vet said weight increase down to no testosterone. Glad I'm not the only 1 with a heavy dog :)

Soldato
OP
11st! That dog is heavier than me! Well done Hatton, juicy steaks for a week I hope!

He eats nothing but raw food anyway, but he'll be getting a special treat today!

If he drew blood might he be unsafe and need putting down now?

The scumbag? Yeah if I ever catch up with him he'll be getting put down, alright! </boxing stance>

Our Hatton hasn't left my fiancee's side since last night and keeps insisting on going out the back and front every hour or so, just to check the perimeter. Dog done good. :) I won't be leaving her home alone again in a hurry but it's nice to know that my buddy's got her back if I have to.

Permabanned
Actually the dog as it stand today will get away with more than the owner would if he beat the a-hole.

I am surprised as that breed are lazy and not met a aggressive one yet.

There was a case in USA where a a-hole broke into a home and a German Shepard's came and greeted him, it never bothered him and he went around the home grabbing all valuables and piling them up just inside the main entrance.

But, when it was time to go and he tried to leave the dog got a hold of him, he managed to use the landline to call the cops who came and found him minus his fingers on 1 hand.

Moral of story, do not break into a home with a dog that has the 2nd highest bite force, 2nd only to a Rotty.

I was going to be 1st to comment in this thread but thought it will soon have some PC fool saying the dog bla bla and the burglar should sue.

Soldato
OP
Isn't that how it works legally and to an extent morally?

Oh. I assumed you were joking! No, not at all. There's a difference between a dog acting out of defense drive and protecting his 'pack', and a dog who indiscriminately seriously attacks people (whether out of uncontrolled prey drive, low stimulus threshold or brain condition). How do you think police dogs get along on their day off at home with their handler and family? ;)

Source: I've trained dogs for near 20 years including security, personal protection and police dogs. ;)

Back
Top Bottom