• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE AMD DRIVERS THREAD**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I use DDU every time I switch drivers. It's not the uninstall process that's problematic, it's the install that's causing issues I believe. The original Mantle driver was delayed due to installation problems from what I recall. I don't think they completely fixed any issues they were facing as both drivers have had the inconsistency with each install.

Caporegime
Something really strange is happening.

Over the past week or so i have been inching up the BF4 settings in Mantle and then playing for a few hours to try and find the highest settings possible for my miserable 2GB of vRam.

I'm now running everything on High and low post AA, including the two dreaded texture settings which on anything over medium usually cause the Memory to run away with its self ending in stuttering.

This time; not only is it stutter free but i have seen my vRam hit 2.2GB (on a 2GB card,) this according to the BF4 Mantle overlay, and it just soldiers on, seemingly quite happy.

So, i'm going to continue to inch those settings up, next its from SSAO to HBAO.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Associate
I have a 4890 as i'm poor as hell and can't afford a new pc atm lol but, when i play BF4 i get a error about my drivers being outdated, the game still runs perfectly fine but its just annoying as due to this(i'm assuming) when the game loads i have to close Chrome then click the game at the bottom for it to come up, whereas my friends just loads up with his web browser still open.

Now, I've also ran Titanfall on this card and i don't get a single error and the game runs perfectly fine, don't get me wrong my FPS on these games is around 30-40, i find it still perfectly playable.

Due to these drivers giving me problems it kinda lowers my FPS by around 10FPS, i used to have a Geforce 9600GT which ran it better, i would go back to it but all of my other games run better with the Radeon its jsut BF4 and Titanfall that suffer.

Caporegime
I have a 4890 as i'm poor as hell and can't afford a new pc atm lol but, when i play BF4 i get a error about my drivers being outdated, the game still runs perfectly fine but its just annoying as due to this(i'm assuming) when the game loads i have to close Chrome then click the game at the bottom for it to come up, whereas my friends just loads up with his web browser still open.

Now, I've also ran Titanfall on this card and i don't get a single error and the game runs perfectly fine, don't get me wrong my FPS on these games is around 30-40, i find it still perfectly playable.

Due to these drivers giving me problems it kinda lowers my FPS by around 10FPS, i used to have a Geforce 9600GT which ran it better, i would go back to it but all of my other games run better with the Radeon its jsut BF4 and Titanfall that suffer.

The last legacy driver for your card was 13.9 WHQL dated 10/15/2013. If you're not already, start using that driver. However AMD should be releasing a new WHQL driver around the start of April. That will likely be a legacy driver as well as they normally update legacy drivers (i think) every 6 months. Keep an eye out for the next WHQL driver in a few weeks time.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
The last legacy driver for your card was 13.9 WHQL dated 10/15/2013. If you're not already, start using that driver. However AMD should be releasing a new WHQL driver around the start of April. That will likely be a legacy driver as well as they normally update legacy drivers (i think) every 6 months. Keep an eye out for the next WHQL driver in a few weeks time.

[Like] <- Pushed button :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom