Cancer

Associate
Anyone heard of this cancer thing that they have now?

I noticed that some girls put up photos of themselves on facebook without make-up to raise awareness of cancer. I think it's some kind of new disease that is passed on via sharing make-up utensils (lip-gloss/mascara brushes etc).

It's a new one on me. Thank you facebook for alerting me to the dangers.

Anyone else seen this in their facebook feeds?

Soldato
Pointless. Like Movember and wearing pink for breast cancer and other 'raise awareness' campaigns. I took a picture of a 85Mbps power-line adapter and posted it in order to raise awareness of cyber bullying.

I don't think there is anyone that isn't aware that cancer is a terrible thing. But if half the people who participated in these fads actually donated to the cause and stuck a screen shot of that up instead perhaps, it would be much more worthwhile (and less infuriating).

Soldato
At least movember has a reason (donations). This is just pointless. No links to cancer research programs, nothing. Just spreading "awareness" in the most basic sense about a disease that one in three people will get.

Associate
OP
Pointless. Like Movember and wearing pink for breast cancer and other 'raise awareness' campaigns. I took a picture of a 85Mbps power-line adapter and posted it in order to raise awareness of cyber bullying.

I don't think there is anyone that isn't aware that cancer is a terrible thing. But if half the people who participated in these fads actually donated to the cause and stuck a screen shot of that up instead perhaps, it would be much more worthwhile (and less infuriating).

Exactly.

"Here's me without make-up to help battle cancer. xx"

You know what would help battle cancer, hen? Donating money to cancer research, not posting a photo of your mug on facebook and getting a thumbs up from your pals.

Associate
I got annoyed and had a rant on facebook...then thought to make light of it and posted a picture of an actual bears face rather than a "bare face"...for some reason i got shouted down by the same girls who posted "selfies"

But then again, I would rather look at the face of a grizzly bear than half of those scary looking facebook creatures

Associate
OP
Someone needs to do that, take a picture of something retarded and post it round.

aeNgN7j_700b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom