*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Soldato
Has anyone got Nova Launcher to play nice with the M8? The notification bar and the icons at the bottom aren't transparent. Any tricks to make Nova work?

Soldato
Maybe an app was making it happen? have you removed apps lately?

I had previously reset it to factory defaults (Nothing installed, not even signed into Google/HTC account. As bare bones as possible) and it was crashing constantly while I was at the O2 store yesterday.

I've now loaded it up with my apps/accounts and it seems fine, I haven't reset it again it's still as it was yesterday morning at O2. It kept crashing until mid afternoon where it just started working flawlessly up till now and still yet to crash/reboot again.

I do see myself as pretty technically minded but this has stumped me. My best guess is that it's some sort of CPU issue but running a stress test has shown no errors on the CPU.

Soldato
I had previously reset it to factory defaults (Nothing installed, not even signed into Google/HTC account. As bare bones as possible) and it was crashing constantly while I was at the O2 store yesterday.

I've now loaded it up with my apps/accounts and it seems fine, I haven't reset it again it's still as it was yesterday morning at O2. It kept crashing until mid afternoon where it just started working flawlessly up till now and still yet to crash/reboot again.

I do see myself as pretty technically minded but this has stumped me. My best guess is that it's some sort of CPU issue but running a stress test has shown no errors on the CPU.

Yeah could also be the RAM. Defo get it changed. its not fun waiting for a phone to crash lol

Soldato
Thanks. So SwiftKey implements itself onto all apps whether they be native or third party?

Yeah it takes over you select it in Keyboard settings. Once you install the app open it and it will guide you through the process.
Then continue the use as you would and it will learn your typing style and most used words etc making typing an enjoyable experience :D

Soldato
On a slight side note:
Should anyone be looking for a good earbud upgrade for a reasonable price I highly recommend the Soundmagic E10's @ £30. They've won awards for 3 years running from What Hi-Fi and to me are up there with some of the £100 ones.

Not to mention the Silver/Black actually is a really close match for the Gun Metal/Black of the phone. :)

Quite possibly the best £30 I've spent in a long time.

Mobster
Soldato
OP
On a slight side note:
Should anyone be looking for a good earbud upgrade for a reasonable price I highly recommend the Soundmagic E10's @ £30. They've won awards for 3 years running from What Hi-Fi and to me are up there with some of the £100 ones.

Not to mention the Silver/Black actually is a really close match for the Gun Metal/Black of the phone. :)

Quite possibly the best £30 I've spent in a long time.

Klipsch S4 is good too, as is the Jays a-Jays One+ (my current personal pair).

Soldato
Just recieved mine.

Took 30 mins to setup.impressed with the copy stuff from your old phone feature.

Speakers are brilliant.solid build quality and lightening quick

Permabanned
Upgraded from the One X. Really impressed with the improved battery life, double my old One X.
Last charged the phone Thursday night and it's just now almost died 2 days later with 8 hours of screen on time :)

Build quality is great and speakers are fantastic. Definetly worth the upgrade.

Back
Top Bottom