• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

LuxMark 2.0 Bench Thread

Soldato
Yeah probably. Still though i like to make sure its stable for everything, even something like this. The way i look at it, it may eventually display small artifacts in games. Not sure whether id notice this or not, but id rather not take the risk. So rather than running -0.037v and -0.100mv i will now run -0.031v and -0.100mv for 24/7. I might see temps go up 1-2c or so, but id rather have that and complete stability.

in that case run it at the out-of-the-box clocks on out-of-the-box voltages...

EDIT
I mean obviously it's up to you, I'd just hate to see this being quoted as an OC testing tool from now on and people thinking they needed to be stable in this to be 'stable'.

Soldato
On the reference coolers? Lol no chance! I can keep decent temps with these settings and still maintain a 10% core overclock from a stock 290 Pro. ;)

I guess 'decent' temps is a subjective term... (I bet Kaap's definition of decent temps would be different to yours for example :))
I could argue with mine at stock (volts and clocks) I can keep decent temps (with a custom fan profile).

Caporegime
OP
I guess 'decent' temps is a subjective term... (I bet Kaap's definition of decent temps would be different to yours for example :))
I could argue with mine at stock (volts and clocks) I can keep decent temps (with a custom fan profile).

Aha but you said you hate noise!

What temps and fan speeds? With these settings i can keep temps in the 80-85c range (depending on game played and if i use vsync or not and fan speeds from 50-55%.) I could keep it cooler if i used a more aggressive fan profile. That's with a 10% overclock as well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aha but you said you hate noise!

What temps and fan speeds? With these settings i can keep temps in the 80-85c range (depending on game played and if i use vsync or not and fan speeds from 50-55%.) I could keep it cooler if i used a more aggressive fan profile.

I do hate noise, but you didn't mention noise, you just said temps.
Also, I'm the one arguing that reference 290s are loud, you argue that they're silent.
I imagine Kaap would be panicing a bit if his cards hit 80-85ºC! I'd be surprised if Kaap's temps were much more than 60ºC?

Soldato
Here's the results for my FirePro D700's in Windows 8.
In Windows 8.1 64-bit Enterprise
AMD FirePro D700 6GB x2
Drivers: Catalyst 14.4
GPU Clocks Default. Core 850Mhz Memory 1370Mhz

iYIfFXVJa1aKP.png

ir5PpB3uqkf9g.png

ip9oaybdzlfDd.png

Here's the results under 2.1 in OSX

Drivers Default OSX 10.9.2
Clocks GPU 1 850Mhz
GPU recognised as 150Mhz, should be 850Mhz ( possibly a bug in Luxmark reading the second GPU in Idle state )

iPai8jJzazWQJ.png

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Also, I'm the one arguing that reference 290s are loud, you argue that they're silent.
I imagine Kaap would be panicing a bit if his cards hit 80-85ºC! I'd be surprised if Kaap's temps were much more than 60ºC?

I never said they were silent! I said they were not as loud as people make out, which they aren't. I did say they were silent at idle though, which they are. ;)

I doubt Kaap's cards go much over 50C tbh.

Here's the results for my FirePro D700's in Windows 8.

iYIfFXVJa1aKP.png

ir5PpB3uqkf9g.png

ip9oaybdzlfDd.png

Here's the results under 2.1 in OSX

iPai8jJzazWQJ.png

:eek:

Blimey that's going to keep my busy for a while.

EDIT

Can you list the gpu clocks and driver used please.

Caporegime
I don't know much about Tera-Flops I am afraid.

Isn't that how the guys at AMD HQ are describing the Titan Z.:D

Its the Raw Floating Point performance of the GPU. just like the CPU's performance, your i7 39## probably has about 180 Giga-Flops of processing power.

1000 Giga-Flops = 1 Tera-Flop

Top 3 GPU's

R9 295x2 = 11.5 Tera-Flops
R9 290X = 5.6 Tera-Flops
Titan Black = 5.1 Tera-Flops

Titan-Z does not exist :p

Man of Honour

I don't think mine have ever been over 45c on water.

This is what they are doing at the moment.

U4g1hZC.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't think mine have ever been over 45c on water.

This is what they are doing at the moment.

url])

I thought 60ºC was being generous, but you do have 4 and I've no idea how hot 290Xs actually run (I know reference runs hot, but are the cards hot or the cooler underperforming).
Also, I wastalking about what you'd consider 'decent' temps not 'good' temps or 'excellent' temps let alone what temps you actually get!

Soldato
Blimey that's going to keep my busy for a while.

EDIT

Can you list the gpu clocks and driver used please.

I edited my post, but there's the extra details for ya

In Windows 8.1 64-bit Enterprise
AMD FirePro D700 6GB x2
Drivers: Catalyst 14.4
GPU Clocks Default. Core 850Mhz Memory 1370Mhz

Drivers Default OSX 10.9.2
Clocks GPU 1 850Mhz
GPU 2 recognised as 150Mhz, should be 850Mhz ( possibly a bug in Luxmark reading the second GPU in Idle state )

Man of Honour
I thought 60ºC was being generous, but you do have 4 and I've no idea how hot 290Xs actually run (I know reference runs hot, but are the cards hot or the cooler underperforming).
Also, I wastalking about what you'd consider 'decent' temps not 'good' temps or 'excellent' temps let alone what temps you actually get!

With air cooled cards I don't really worry that much as long as the card is designed to run that hot and does not throttle. My GTX 690s are a good example when gaming the primary core can hit 90c and the other 3 anywhere between 80c and 85c. I don't worry about that as the 690s are built to run at those temps (the rest of the 6 series are a bit wimpy with temps). What can cause a problem is the heat generated can cause problems for the rest of the PC (motherboard/CPU/memory/SSDs) so it is important to get rid of it. Going from air to water on my 290Xs did wonders for the rest of my PC, the cards were ok on air but the rest of the PC was suffering.

Soldato
Another thought, although more work for LtMatt, how about a section for CPU+GPU?
I'd also be interested to see just the CPU results, but not really the right sub-forum for that. CPU+GPU could go in either though, I'd guess a lot of GPU benchmarks are affected by CPU anyway.

Caporegime
OP
Another thought, although more work for LtMatt, how about a section for CPU+GPU?
I'd also be interested to see just the CPU results, but not really the right sub-forum for that. CPU+GPU could go in either though, I'd guess a lot of GPU benchmarks are affected by CPU anyway.

I do have a reserved section so that could be added at a later date.

Man of Honour

This is my 4930k @4.0 on it's own

X4DtT4c.jpg

If I run it at the same time as the 290Xs it only adds about an extra 70 points to the score the cards get on their own. I think most of it's processing power is used driving the GPUs and so there is little left over to add to the score.

Back
Top Bottom