Motors YouTube Videos

Man of Honour
I know they are getting sponsored by Garrett + Castrol etc but their product placement is as smooth as sand paper :D

I'm finding that I prefer it that way. I see it as being more honest because they're not trying to manipulate viewers with subtle product placement nor are they trying to hide the fact that it is product placement. It's an honest message - these companies are giving us stuff in exchange for us banging on about the stuff and the companies - and the obviousness of it means that it doesn't get in the way and it isn't manipulative.

Soldato
Yeah I understand what you're saying, I'd personally prefer it to be more subtle but that's just me :)

Either way the Gramps project is absolutely brilliant and I'm glad they've spent a lot more time explaining the details they skipped out on the Turbo MX5 project as it shows just how much work it really takes to put something together like this. Can't wait for them to continue the series!

I think if I was doing this in my garage I'd take one look at that wiring, throw a tantrum and not touch it for 6 months :D

Man of Honour
I can't be the only one that finds Moog really grating, ep5 = :/

I think they're running up against the same problem that Top Gear did - the presenters are becoming caricatures. I very much doubt if Moog is anywhere near that grating off camera.

I think they should mention A M Auto Sevices as much as they mention Garrett, Castrol, Haltech, etc, since this is actually a build by A M Auto Services.

Caporegime
When I was watching them talk about the Haltec stuff I instantly thought of.

"Yeah, and a stand alone fuel management system. Not a bad way to spend 10,000 dollars" :D

Don't get me wrong I love the build but this is easily a 50k build in the real world but props to what they have done. They have got the best Legacy in the world. Who doesn't want a 3.6 litre turbocharged estate with DCCD!

Caporegime
Balls to that. They'd be better off with micro translations, 5 or 10p to watch a video. I only watch the Chris Harris vids, and they're not worth the money alone for a sub.

Soldato
Indeed, if they are having production cost issues they should look for sponsors, not charge a subscription.

I would rather see them pushing Castrol Oil or something than pay for content I don't care for just to see the Chris Harris videos.

OcUK Staff
M4 vs Carrera

He explains very well why I love my 911's handling character and also what makes the engines so great in M cars, throttle response. :)

Back
Top Bottom