• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sleeping Dogs Bench Thread

Man of Honour
OP
Why have you run such low clocks on the Titans?

His boost clocks will be much higher. I think Kaap always puts up his none boost clocks.

I was, the actual boost clocks would have been somewhere around 1150mhz+

NVidia have had the advantage at low resolutions because the AMD drivers are really bad at bottlenecking the cards on fps, this all changes at high resolutions where you are not going to get near 180fps+ where the problem exists.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was, the actual boost clocks would have been somewhere around 1150mhz+

NVidia have had the advantage at low resolutions because the AMD drivers are really bad at bottlenecking the cards on fps, this all changes at high resolutions where you are not going to get near 180fps+ where the problem exists.

Still undecided on the 4K monitor. But if I do go 4k i'll run the bench at 1220 Core with the Titans and see how they compare.

Man of Honour
OP
Still undecided on the 4K monitor. But if I do go 4k i'll run the bench at 1220 Core with the Titans and see how they compare.

With 4K more so than lower resolutions it is important to pick your ground to show a card in it's best light, for example Hitman using max settings is a good one for the Titans as the 290Xs run out of VRAM at the end of the bench just as it is exiting and really killing the score.

At lower resolutions drivers tend to distort things too where as at 4K the fps are lower and allow the cards to work to their maximum.

Soldato
Pity neither Greg or Neil still have the 4k monitors or we could've compared at similar clocks. The Titans should **** that score or be very close I reckon.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yeah the ROG Swifts a beauty. 3D is not something I'm particularly interested in.

What I'm more interested in, is the Hz they can run at and the looks. It's defo a toss up between the two.

Back
Top Bottom