• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
The problem with prices at the moment is not necessarily the phone cost, but the cost of the sim/contract. These are what make the cost of these devices ridiculous, not least being locked in to a two year deal.

The 16gb ip6 is just a marketing strategy to make the iPhone look like it's competitively priced. They're now selling the 64gb this year for the same or less than last years 32gb...

Soldato
The very fact that iPhones sell in the quantities they do, and the current waiting list for their latest iteration, shows that they're not 'overpriced'. They're priced at a point people are willing to pay.

Expensive, yes. Overpriced, no.

Soldato
Agree....my ipad work got just works...when I use my dads samsung tablet it genuinely stresses me out....

I'm on an s2 and I have flashed custom roms and tweaked until the cows come home...I just Cba anymore....I just want a sleek smooth experience....

Spent 5 mins tweaking my xeon clock...and Cba faffing for an extra 200mhz.... :p

There are more important things to be doing :p

If you want a smooth experience then why are you using a 3 year old gs2? That's like using iOS7 on an iPhone4 (non-S) and complaining that its slow - of course it is. Hardware has moved on.

Soldato
The m8 is 549.99 ....I couldn't bring myself to buy one at that price tbh....

I'm running kitkat on my galaxy s2 and I'm totally bored of android....

Yeah the m8 would be a better faster experience but not new enough for the outlay from a psychological perspective :p

So there we have it, what I have maintained to be the case for some time i.e. you feel defined by the phone you own, perception and peer pressure.

Soldato
The fact that Samsung releases a new phone every 2 nanoseconds also means that they will always out-spec the iPhone.

Apple don't release on the bleeding edge, but they do typically release with the best implementation.

I think the point about Apple releasing the most highly engineered products is true though. I haven't seen another phone on the market with the build quality of the iPhone 5s and now the 6/6+.

The M8 or did you miss that post.

Apple don't release the latest hardware so they have yet another profit busting revenue stream in 12 months time.

I do like their products and own quite a few but draw the line with their phones.

Caporegime
If you want a smooth experience then why are you using a 3 year old gs2? That's like using iOS7 on an iPhone4 (non-S) and complaining that its slow - of course it is. Hardware has moved on.

The s2 was leaps and bounds over the competition when I got it....and the dual core 1.2 ghz processor and 8mp camera and 1080p video is one of the reasons I haven't upgraded for so long...

It's still up there with some current phones out today....

I was playing with a colleagues s5 and was not that bowled over...

The ipad I have that work gave me just works....my dad is constantly asking me to fix and tweak his samsung tab...

Take the nexus 5 plagued with sound issues when recording video...android is like XBMC you have to tweak it to use it and I just Cba anymore...

Last edited:
Soldato
The problem with prices at the moment is not necessarily the phone cost, but the cost of the sim/contract. These are what make the cost of these devices ridiculous, not least being locked in to a two year deal.

I gave up completely on contracts several years ago - they're now pretty much all 24 months and cost a fortune. Makes far more sense to buy the phone outright and get your airtime deal separately - quite happy with my Three SIM at the moment with pretty much unlimited everything for £15 a month.

Soldato

I'm using a GS2 and it works just fine. It depends on your useage surely. Can it access the Internet, tick, email, tick, Google maps, tick, apps, tick, make calls, tick, text, tick. That's about all I need my phone to do.

Soldato
I gave up completely on contracts several years ago - they're now pretty much all 24 months and cost a fortune. Makes far more sense to buy the phone outright and get your airtime deal separately - quite happy with my Three SIM at the moment with pretty much unlimited everything for £15 a month.

Absolutely true. However, the industry relies on customers who are devoid of financial acumen or disposable income. This thread and others are testament to that.

Caporegime
I'm using a GS2 and it works just fine. It depends on your useage surely. Can it access the Internet, tick, email, tick, Google maps, tick, apps, tick, make calls, tick, text, tick. That's about all I need my phone to do.

My s2 running sygic sat nav got me around California flawlessly last year...

But it's suddenly decided to just shut down and freeze randomly of late :(

Caporegime
Absolutely true. However, the industry relies on customers who are devoid of financial acumen or disposable income. This thread and others are testament to that.

Yeah...I'm going to have to have a couple of quiet months to pay for it but the thought of paying 48 quid a month for 2 years is a turn off....especially after the beer googles have faded and the novelty has worn off...:p

I'm buying the ip6 outright...I've decided...

Soldato
What by still having a galaxy s2 ?:confused:

But that isn't what you are saying is it. BTW apart from my upgrading the firmware a couple of times I've never had any need to touch my GS2 in the three years I've owned it. All the tweaks you mention say more about the users than the product.

Soldato
I reserved a 16GB and 64GB iPhone 6 for pickup from the local Apple Store this morning, so currently trying to work out what carrier/tariff I want as well as whether to stick with my policy of always getting the lowest capacity available.

I've been fine with 16GB so far, after all.

Same here. However recently i have started to need to delete some apps to fit more music on or remove videos to allow for more apps. 64gb for the extra £20 over 32gb seems much better value somehow (even though i know it will cost apple about £2 more)

Caporegime
But that isn't what you are saying is it. BTW apart from my upgrading the firmware a couple of times I've never had any need to touch my GS2 in the three years I've owned it. All the tweaks you mention say more about the users than the product.

What am I saying then?

I had to faff to get snapchat working on my s2 and my sisters samsung...

I mean FFs :mad:

Soldato
The s2 was leaps and bounds over the competition when I got it....and the dual core 1.2 ghz processor and 8mp camera and 1080p video is one of the reasons I haven't upgraded for so long...

I know, i had one for two years on release day.

It's still up there with some current phones out today....

with entry level budget phones perhaps. old dual core, 1gb ram, single band wireless-n, 800x480 screen.... nope.

faustus said:

Depends what you want from your phone, yes. I'm just saying you can complain that your phone isnt smooth if it's a 3 year old phone. As much as people like the gs2, it's old hat now.

Last edited:
Caporegime
As much as people like the gs2, it's old hat now.

Yeah its showing its age...But its a classic in my view...

My xeon 6 core is old hat but beats current Gen i7 in cinebench and it cost me 25 quid:D

For me I'm not that interested in phones...I just want a working phone that allows me to run apps without issue and have a decent camera when I'm out and about with my daughter etc...

When I use the ipad..it just feels solid...everything just works...I want this in a phone...:)

Man of Honour
If people want iOS (and many do), all these comparisons with other devices become pointless.

That's before you even start to factor in the resale value (if important) and vastly superior customer service to Samsung/HTC etc.

I've bought and tried the best Android phone every year, and after a few days I always want iOS back, even if that meant a smaller screen. Now it doesn't, thanks to the 6 and 6+. I think they'll be fantastic to use.

Back
Top Bottom