• iPhone 6 plus 16gb

Votes: 18 3.3%
  • iPhone 6 plus 64gb

Votes: 109 20.1%
  • iPhone 6 plus 128gb

Votes: 62 11.4%

• Total voters
Soldato
I can't think of a reason titanium wouldn't be suitable. It's better than aluminium in most aspects except price.

Saying that titanium is a poor conductor of heat in comparison(according to wiki) maybe the back of an iPhone is a heatsink?

Last edited:
Soldato
My iPhone is now back in the hands of Apple. It's simply not for me what with it's degraded resolution, silly settings menus and buggy OS. I hope there isn't too long a wait for the Nexus 6.

Caporegime
Back after my suspension :D.

Absolutely love my iPhone 6+ :), it does feel big (Big hands!) but not too big and it fits in my pocket well too. No complaints at all, definitely pleased I opted for the plus, the screen is fantastic.

I just wish developers would update more apps to work on the 6+!

The Apple leather case is lovely too.

Soldato
My iPhone is now back in the hands of Apple. It's simply not for me what with it's degraded resolution, silly settings menus and buggy OS. I hope there isn't too long a wait for the Nexus 6.

Degraded compared to what? The res is better than any other iphone on the 6 / 6+

What is a bit annoying is that apps have not yet updated so the resolution looks worse than it is

Soldato
Like an idiot I lost my phone (HTC One) so I'm seriously considering this.

I'm a little worried about the battery life with that small battery though.

I can see people are getting decent screen time but I assume this is with most things turned off?

Does anyone here use google play music? How does it effect the battery? It's my most used app and there was no battery drain while streaming on my HTC.

Soldato
Associate
I guess it all boils down to whether you can live with Android as your OS. Personally, I cant, so the Nexus would be a big downgrade from the iPhone. YMMV.

I use a Nexus 5 too but still follow what happens with the iPhone. I still think the iPhone is a great premium phone but the lack of innovation since Steve's departure and double price tag of a Nexus means I won't be looking to come back to an iPhone.

I get what your saying though. Personally I think iOS has always been a great OS. Everything is smooth, good looking and just works. Android is fragmented with lots of different software doing the same thing. This means you can't make the most of great features like free messaging, voice or video calling from Hangouts as Samsung are using their own bloated SMS app. Google needs to encourage manufactures to use default Google apps if they want to be anywhere where Apple are at.

Soldato
Like an idiot I lost my phone (HTC One) so I'm seriously considering this.

I'm a little worried about the battery life with that small battery though.

I can see people are getting decent screen time but I assume this is with most things turned off?

Does anyone here use google play music? How does it effect the battery? It's my most used app and there was no battery drain while streaming on my HTC.

Using Google Music just fine here. The battery life is staggering using it actually. I walk to work every morning ~30 minutes, streaming music the whole way and it's to bluetooth headphones. Typically I get to the office and the battery meter is still 100%, sometimes 99%.

Only downside is downloading songs is gimped. It seems iOS has no 'background' apps feature, so as soon as you close Google Music the downloads stop! Same goes for Dropbox, TripAdvisor, Spotify etc. etc. Really really stupid and infuriating!

Looking forward to the Nexus 6 now, so many stupid little things in iOS are starting to add up.

Soldato
Dropbox will also now initiate without needing to open the app. Any app that doesn't have this feature is really down to the developers.

Its buggy thou, from what I know it adds to a global download/upload queue and it is down to the OS to decide when it runs, and at times it will never download/upload. If it is something mission critically it can be annoying, not sure what iOS8 does for this, I've only tried on iOS7.

Back
Top Bottom