FIFA 15

Soldato
You can't really do anything about it because you won't have the guys IP to trace route. I remember once that when I playing an FPS game on the PC I would be routed via the USA East Coast back to the UK and then to Germany with a certain company's game servers. Took ages to fix it as well.

I would say you're either losing packets on certain journeys or you're being routed half way round the world. If it was on PC it would be easy to identify but as it happens on the console it's impossible to sort out really.

What your bandwidth is and what you're pinging random sites isn't relevant really. All it's showing is that you have decent bandwidth and a good route to that particular website. Bandwidth especially is unimportant. You aren't downloading a 200GB file from the guy you're playing so what your bandwidth is, is irrelevant.

Last edited:
Soldato
I think I'm getting to that stage where I'm ready to get spanked by fellow OcUK people on the PS4 so if anyone wants a game add me cHk4 :)

Soldato
Traded my way all way to 450k to then blown majority on a Serie A team (which are beast) and the rest on packs... I'm left with 60k and got dust! When will I learn.

Soldato
well if its bad vs you rusty then I could do a tracert to your connection and see how it is?

strange tho that before on 14 - I was getting this kind of lag vs people on BT Infinity, which is the same ISP - I cant imagine they screw up the routing via there own end and e fine for other things....

just want it sorting out fifa is the only game I really enjoy when its running fine :/

Associate
I'm getting the same sort of lag as you describe.
Passing the ball is delayed and even simple skills like fake shot etc won't execute properly.
Ball control is awful, sometimes it just bounces off my players as if it hasn't registered the pass.
It only seems to happen at my gfs though. On my own internet it's perfect.
Basically I'm resigned to playing single player at hers.
I'm sure its to do with the internet setup.

Soldato
degen that sounds very interesting to me and is exactly what I experience....

Is it the same console at yours and gfs? (I mean you bring it round to hers?)
Is it PS4?
What internet do you have / she have?
Is it wireless or wired?

Sorry for all the questions but its good to see that you can replicated problem at one place but fine at yours.

Associate
At my house I have a router that I connect to with an Ethernet. That's it. No problems and its smooth as silk.

At her house I use wireless.
It goes... Router wired to a hub in the loft then a Ethernet to another router upstairs connected to wan to supply WiFi upstairs which the ps4 is connected to by WiFi.

Same ps4 etc all ports unblocked reads type 2 NAT

Soldato
Hmmmm mine is connected directly via Ethernet....

Which ISP you use / she uses?

Have you tried connecting with wire?

(yeah UPNP turned off and ports forwarded as per EA sports port forwarding guide)

Associate
Nope not tried with a wire I'm going to possibly have a go at fixing it today, possibly get rid of the hub in the loft and replace it with the router.
I haven't tried with a wire but I have ordered an Ethernet cable long enough to try.
Both ISPs are BT.

The lag is also noticable before starting games just after the squad screen where you are first paired up with another player.
It seems to hang on an empty screen before your team and theirs pop up with the badge etc
Also seems to lag more than usual when clicking on the tournament page. It seems to take longer to load the tourney info.

Soldato
degen that maybe sounds like the upnp issue - if you go into the homehub and turn off upnp that might fix it...

The lag im talking about is in game only....

Is it BT infinity or BT ADSL?

Soldato
So people what's the verdict on Fifa 15 UT?

Better this year or still full of exploiting, filthy little rage-inducing scrotes?

Please warn me now before I spend £300 on a new console.... :p

Soldato
Is there any safe places to offload fifa coins? I have 900k here, obviously don't trust eBay after the last performance on there.

Seems the going rate is around £45 for 500k coins. Anywhere other than eBay i could sell them on?

Back
Top Bottom