*** Sony Xperia Z3 Compact ***

Associate
I bought a magnector x magtron charger adapter, a wave clear case and a glass screen.
I'm happy with the phone after coming from an iphone 4s which was excellent also it has to be said.
Is there a way to stop the sound notification when plugging in the charger.
Also...my magtron charger seems to want to fall off too easy which is annoying as it was £12 ish.

I ordered both the Magtron charger adapter and the Magtron charging cable (both £11.99) and I find that the magnet is weaker on the adapter for some reason. The cable on the other hand is quite strong and I personally don't have any issues with that.

Soldato
Still havent got mine things keep coming up stopping me from going up town and getting it(rather set up a contract in person than over the internet) but after reading about the self cracking screens im 50/50 now on wether to get one or not

Soldato
I ordered both the Magtron charger adapter and the Magtron charging cable (both £11.99) and I find that the magnet is weaker on the adapter for some reason. The cable on the other hand is quite strong and I personally don't have any issues with that.

They both have the some strength magnets. But the extra bulk of the adaptor version and the less flexible cable you're most likely using makes it seem worse, I use the cable one for the same reason.

Associate
Who did you buy it from? If you can show that it's a fault with the phone, your recourse is with whoever you got the phone from.

I bought it from Phones4U, took it in and they said I'd be charged to get it fixed. Took it into the Sony Centre and they said the crack didn't match the criteria for a warranty repair. If you search online there are picture examples of what kind of crack Sony will repair free of charge. My crack was 100% not damaged by me. I was using it on my sofa, put it in my empty pocket, walked up stairs and put it on my bedside table and noticed I couldn't unlock the screen due to 2 cracks across the screen.

Was repaired and back with me within a week via my insurance, brand new screen and back glass fitted and it's been perfect since.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Well after farting around with screen protectors from ebay for the past 2weeks that

A - A pain to put on
B - Scratched easier than a apple
C - Get messy quickly

I plumped for a ultimate shield glass thingy. Great to fit and so far pretty scratch resistant.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I think the phones screens are overall pretty good tbh and it could be a little paranoia on my part, but i just tend to chuck the phone around and not worry about it so any extra gives me piece of mind really.

Associate
I've just been trying to fit my "pro screen" tempered glass screen protector and after removing the protector that came in the box it turns out the adhesive and removable film was on the wrong side of the glass. Just packaged it up for return now.

I always end up with my phone in the same pocket as my keys somehow and like the idea of a layer of protection that can be easily replaced if needed.

Just ordered the ultimate shield as per an earlier post.

Last edited:
Associate
Ok my RhinoShield arrived and here are some pics.

Packaging:

Contents:

Back:

Front:

It seems to be a perfect fit on the phone.
The back doesn't seem to feel as slippery as without a protector on it.

Soldato
What's the best keyboard for android at the monent? Not really liking the Sony one to be honest. Its often making mistakes when I'm texting or typing things up! Not keen on SwiftKey either. :/

Associate
I was just wondering, does the magnetic charger work the same way as the micro usb charger?

I have bought the magnector x magnetic charger and am going to charge the phone first few charge cycles with the magnetic charger and not the usb charger. The first charge will be with the usb charger, as I my phone will arrive tomorrow.

What's the difference between the two, power wise etc?

Thanks

Soldato
What's the best keyboard for android at the monent? Not really liking the Sony one to be honest. Its often making mistakes when I'm texting or typing things up! Not keen on SwiftKey either. :/

Google keyboard is probably the best imo - was a long term Swype advocate but they failed to fix long term bugs and instead added new features so jumped to google keyboard and not looked back.

Back
Top Bottom