*** The Official Elite: Dangerous Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I bet you aren't playing on a 6 year old gfx card? :p

The game has 3 things going for it currently.

* The gorgeous unique graphics
* Its a bit different
* Playing with a stick between your legs again for the first time in 15 years.

If you have to turn the graphics down to minimum - which you would at that res on that card - you will lose half of the appeal.

True, but then I haven't seen any gorgeous unique graphics either :)

Edit: Just installed new Beta and they are a lot better to be fair.

Last edited:
Associate
True, but then I haven't seen any gorgeous unique graphics either :)

<- Just headed off to Google images to try to justify my statement, only to find X3 and Eve's graphics a hell of a lot better now then when I last played them. Cant' think of any other (space) games in this league. That said I think Elite's emphasis on 'realism' does set it fractionally apart even if not better.

Soldato
<- Just headed off to Google images to try to justify my statement, only to find X3 and Eve's graphics a hell of a lot better now then when I last played them. Cant' think of any other (space) games in this league. That said I think Elite's emphasis on 'realism' does set it fractionally apart even if not better.

It's ok it does look great! X3 has had a lot of mod support and fan made content to be fair. Eve always was a looker.

Soldato
What does mercenary edition include?

Elite: Dangerous - Mercenary Edition
Pre-order now to guarantee your Mercenary Edition featuring exclusive digital content

Be the first to get your hands on the Elite: Dangerous Mercenary Edition. Loaded with digital extras this pack is only available to customers who pre-order Elite: Dangerous before release date.

Full list of contents:
• A digital download Elite: Dangerous
• Your very own Eagle fighter ship docked in a secondary location in-game
• Exclusive pack of ship paint jobs
• A ‘day one’ ship decal
• A digital players guide
• A digital concept art book
• Plus loads more digital goodies to be announced over the coming weeks.

Anyone who has already pre-ordered the final release version of Elite: Dangerous will be eligible to receive the mercenary edition extras when the game is released.

https://store.zaonce.net/elite-dangerous-cat/elite-dangerous.html

Soldato
I wonder what this line means.

• Plus loads more digital goodies to be announced over the coming weeks.

As in what more will we get and when will it be announced i wonder as not long left now.

Associate
I believe it's referring to the time they were selling £35 pre orders on their website before they came up with the mercenary sales bumf. Those people will get it, not the £20 kickstarter 9000, else it would upset the £32 tier backers.

Associate
I believe it's referring to the time they were selling £35 pre orders on their website before they came up with the mercenary sales bumf. Those people will get it, not the £20 kickstarter 9000, else it would upset the £32 tier backers.

Yeah sorry, should have said I bought the £100 First Round Beta tier...

Just remembered we get a Cobra too, that'll eliminate some of the initial grind! Although I can imagine the first few trading runs to earn credits for insurance are going to be somewhat.... nervous!

Soldato
The free ships we'll get, will they be a one off?
i.e. if you get blown up by some pirate in the first 15 minutes of playing the ship is gone forever and you're back in a Sidewinder.

Associate
The free ships we'll get, will they be a one off?
i.e. if you get blown up by some pirate in the first 15 minutes of playing the ship is gone forever and you're back in a Sidewinder.

No official word that I can see, but it looks likely that it's a start option, i.e. if you die and can't afford the insurance, you're back to a Sidewinder, but you can start again at any time with a new Commander at the origin system with a freebie ship.

Soldato
No official word that I can see, but it looks likely that it's a start option, i.e. if you die and can't afford the insurance, you're back to a Sidewinder, but you can start again at any time with a new Commander at the origin system with a freebie ship.
That makes sense to me and seems pretty fair. Will keep my eyes peeled for more info on that.

Permabanned
Watched a vid earlier where the guy was using Voice Attack to control a lot of functions in the game. Going to have to try it as it seemed like it would be fun, and useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom