What to do with 1k

Associate
Wondering what's everyone's thoughts on what best to do with 1k?

Perhaps an ISA, but interest rates are so low. I was considering looking at funding circle (https://www.fundingcircle.com) although I may get more interest there is obviously more risk. Is anyone on here using funding circle? What's your experience with it?

What's your thoughts? Just settle for the 2% I may get in an ISA? I'm trying to save for my first house deposit :D or I could just blow it all on upgrading the PC, it is starting to age ;)

Man of Honour
If it's just £1k set up a regular saver and schedule the payments so you put the minimum in for the last 9 months (usually £25 a month minimum) and the max for the first 3 (usually £300 a month max). You should end up getting close to 3.5% or so on the £1k as you've front loaded most of it for the full year of the regular saver.

Caporegime
Take 10% of it and spend it on whatever you like. Put the rest of it into a Stocks and Shares ISA linked to the FTSE 250 by the purchase of actual shares (so you get dividends). You'll get much better returns on that than you'll see on any savings account.

Man of Honour
Stocks and shares have large fees.
You could look at getting funds in an ISA. Like shares, it's still risk, unlike just a savings account.

Caporegime
Wondering what's everyone's thoughts on what best to do with 1k?

Perhaps an ISA, but interest rates are so low. I was considering looking at funding circle (https://www.fundingcircle.com) although I may get more interest there is obviously more risk. Is anyone on here using funding circle? What's your experience with it?

What's your thoughts? Just settle for the 2% I may get in an ISA? I'm trying to save for my first house deposit :D or I could just blow it all on upgrading the PC, it is starting to age ;)

It's not really enough to "invest" for long-term gains... either save it for a rainy day, or buy something meaningful (for a hobby ec) that you really like.

Man of Honour
It's not a large amount of money so you won't get a huge return on it. Just shove it in an everyday saver and add to it, or save it for a "rainy day" or just buy something you want with it. :)

Back
Top Bottom