• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
They have fixed 3D and Chrome now though and before it used to make Chrome a black screen if 3D was enabled, so another plus.

That sounds reason enough to give 'em a blast. Can someone remind me what the best procedure for carrying out a completely clean new driver install is? Uninstall current driver, then run DDU then reboot and finally install new driver? That sound right? I'm usually lazy and just install any driver updates in situ over the top of my current driver. :p

Caporegime
Personally i just install the new driver over the top of the existing one, but click custom/perform clean install. Has always worked grand.

Off topic Draeger, are you still experiencing the flickering issue. Managed to capture a phone pic of my problem.

Soldato
Personally i just install the new driver over the top of the existing one, but click custom/perform clean install. Has always worked grand.

Off topic Draeger, are you still experiencing the flickering issue. Managed to capture a phone pic of my problem.

Cool, ta. I think I'll use DDU as well this time too. Yes m8, thought the flickering issue had gone but it did it once last night after refusing to do it for about an entire day. :p

Soldato
They also do a weird thing with my screen. If I go to a white page it's dim and then suddenly brightens ? It does it with any bright colours as well.

I have gone back to the 344.80 drivers and all is ok.

Nvidia drivers have been a bit crappy lately.

Caporegime
I can't argue with the drivers being a bit crappy lately. They do what I need but there is extra bits they do which I am missing out on. I would love to run Elite Dangerous at 5K and can't do that efficiently on a single GPU but could on 3 Titans.

Back
Top Bottom