Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Is anyone clued up on rear shocks?

I have a Specialized Status 1 from last year, but to be blunt about it, Im too bloody fat for the spring! It has a X-Fusion Vector with 450lb spring on it just now - sized 8.75x2.75".

Can you just slap on any old spring that will fit? Cant find any X-Fusion springs. Failing that (and I'm secretly hoping this will happen) if I replace the entire shock with a Fox of some incarnation, would it need to be exactly the same size, or would similar size shocks still fit?

Associate
Im considering going from an air rear shock to a coil spring on the Remedy.. anyone else done a similar conversion and was it for the best?

A coils gonna suck on the climbs but better on descents i suppose.

Whats the reason for change?

Edit: if i had the moola i'd have a coil for uplift days fo shizzle. But for trail riding hell naw

Associate
Bike Park Wales

So I'm going down on Wednesday and staying over with 2 tickets booked for Thursday 26th - with uplift.

My mate has just bailed on me so I have a spare ticket for anyone that's interested in going?

Caporegime
Bike Park Wales

So I'm going down on Wednesday and staying over with 2 tickets booked for Thursday 26th - with uplift.

My mate has just bailed on me so I have a spare ticket for anyone that's interested in going?

If my car hadn't broke, and totally undrivable until Thursday I would've came :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom