Any reason OcUK don't sell Dell U2515H?

OcUK Staff
If its good enough to compete with your competitors. I'll put an order in asap. Can be picked up elsewhere for around £380.

We won't be doing £380 I am afraid, £420 is our best current offer price, so unless our cost reduce we won't be going lower, I am not making less than 5% on a monitor with high return rate, sorry.

OcUK Staff
High return rate? :(

What's the general beef with this screen then? From the reviews they seem to be pretty much spot on? Glow/bleed?

Unfortunately bleed, but some customers are expecting IPS screens to have perfect blacks, they do not and as such returning for it or under CCR. All returns are sold as B-grade and due to this were having to increase monitor margins as we simply make no money as we make losses when sold in B-grade, quite substancial ones.

So selling monitors at single digit margins we simply cannot do any more, we'd rather competitors get the business and then lose money having to sell them B-grade.

With more IPS monitors now than ever at affordable prices, the returns are higher and they all get B-graded, check our B-grade section, lots of monitors in there.

Some customers have gone through 5 monitors, returning them all due to backlight bleed on IPS, we make say 10% on the sale, but then lose 30% when we b-grade it. Cannot be sustained unfortunately.

Or the alternative is we charge customers for returning under CCR if they have clearly used the monitor preventing it being sold as new again, of upto 25%, but that would upset a lot of customers, so right now we lose money by b-grading them.

OcUK Staff
Actually, with the Dells doesn't the 3 year premium warranty cover this?

Backlight bleed within reason like dead pixels is not a fault, so I guess it depends how they are feeling, LOL. Of course CCR can be used but legally if they believe it is used and cannot be resold they can essentially charge you a restocking fee (upto 25%).

I suspect the monitor price increases at etailers across the board is coming from increased returns on CCR due to backlight bleed, some people have good reason, the bleed is beyond acceptable, others returning for IPS glow and doing it several times over.

We keep CCR restocking charges to an absolute minimum, but it means we end up with a huge amount of B-grade monitors sold a big losses to the company, so we either increase upfront margin to cover it or we start implementing more CCR restocking fees.

On another note we have also applied huge pressure on certain manufacturers to start taking returns on monitors for excessive bleed so the retailer is not the ones getting stung.

Associate
We won't be doing £380 I am afraid, £420 is our best current offer price, so unless our cost reduce we won't be going lower, I am not making less than 5% on a monitor with high return rate, sorry.

Now Im put off getting this monitor altogether if you're saying it has high return rates. Must be something wrong. :confused:

Just had a read through the Dell Premium Panel warranty for the Ultrasharp models, and whilst dead pixels are covered well the backlight uniformity doesn't even get a mention.

I think if the bleed was that bad after a second monitor I'd probably give up on that particular model and try something else!

OcUK Staff
Now Im put off getting this monitor altogether if you're saying it has high return rates. Must be something wrong. :confused:

There is no issue, stunning monitors I just think some people are expecting to much from IPS in general when it comes to glow.

The returns are CCR, not actual faulty returns like excessive bleed or other faults.

Back
Top Bottom