Big Bike Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Went out around Rivington tonight, love these pedals so much better than Shimano SPDs, just feel like a flat but my feet stay put. Great for the really bumpy uphill stuff.

Ah glad to hear that - deffo more of a flat pedal crossover than any other pedal I've tried. Just wish I went for the combo I mentioned, right off the bat.

Soldato
Just pulled the trigger on this as a wedding present to myself:

260acur.jpg

If the Mrs can spend £3k on a wedding dress, I deserve a new bike :cool:.

Available from stock too in my size (XL) so won't have to wait 6 months to get it.

Associate
i got the spectral al 7.0.. Its awesome both up and down tbh. I went from a 29er hardtail and didnt notice much difference on the ups. Its so aggressive so its amazing to throw around downhill. I changed to a 34t narrow wide upfront aswell , so lighter and its even better now :D Its just a perfect all mountain bike imo.

Soldato
i got the spectral al 7.0.. Its awesome both up and down tbh. I went from a 29er hardtail and didnt notice much difference on the ups. Its so aggressive so its amazing to throw around downhill. I changed to a 34t narrow wide upfront aswell , so lighter and its even better now :D Its just a perfect all mountain bike imo.
Good stuff. I've read plenty of reviews but good to know from a 'regular' rider! :p

Will see how I get on with the chain device up front, did think of narrow/ride ring and losing the device myself actually, but having spent the best part of £3k on it I might have to hold off on any mods for a while!

What size did you go for? The size thing on the website is notoriously out, and at 6'4 with 35" inside leg it put me on a Large!

Associate
Good stuff. I've read plenty of reviews but good to know from a 'regular' rider! :p

Will see how I get on with the chain device up front, did think of narrow/ride ring and losing the device myself actually, but having spent the best part of £3k on it I might have to hold off on any mods for a while!

What size did you go for? The size thing on the website is notoriously out, and at 6'4 with 35" inside leg it put me on a Large!

I went for a medium, im 5'9 with 32" inside leg. Although the reviews did say the 2014 spectral was on the smaller side for tall people, but no problem for me with medium i found it pretty spot on.

Associate
My dmr vaults were making a funny noise so I stripped one and found the silly plastic du bearing/bush has self destructed due to non maintenance. You can't just buy the bush on its own, instead a full service kit for £20+ from paininthearse reaction!

So when I sort the bush I'm definitely keeping ontop of maintenance n em in the future!

Trying to strip the pedal at first was a pain, the drive side pedal even though right hand thread at the crank arm is left hand thread to take the nut off the axle to remove pedal body from the axle. You need a little 8mm socket to remove the nut. Not sure how you'd remove the inner sealed bearing as its in the pedal quite deep.

Soldato
These are the sizes, cant find a plastic bush though.
DMR Vault Pedal Service Kit includes

2x Sealed bearing number: 686ZZ - 6mm Ø ID (Internal Diameter) 13mm Ø OD (Over All Diameter) 5mm Width

2x Plain bearing (bushing) 12mm Ø ID (Internal Diameter) 14mm Ø OD (Over All Diameter) 12mm Width

Nuts:
1x M5x0.75 5 deep right hand thread (left hand pedal) (to be fitted with a 8mm socket)
1x M5x0.75 5 deep left hand thread (right hand pedal) (to be fitted with a 8mm socket)

2x End cap: M14x1x11

2x Washer: 6mm Ø ID (Internal Diameter) 9mm Ø OD (Over All Diameter) 1mm Width

2x Internal Rubber Seals

BaJ

BaJ

Associate
1112hao.jpg

Quick snap of my Bandit up at Stile Cop.

I've had the Bandit coming up to two years now, I still love it. My riding has developed over that time though, I'm riding much bigger stuff now. I spent a couple of hours sessioning some runs yesterday and started to feel beat up by the end of it.

The 130mm back-end doesn't feel all that anymore, plus the Fox 32's feel a bit wibbly wobbly. Can't afford a new bike mind. I'll have to get smoother.

BaJ

BaJ

Associate
I have thought about it, they're 150 float 32s currently. I could get some 150 Pikes, they do have a longer Axle-Crown length mind and the Bandit was designed around a 140mm float.

I'm also worried about investing further in to 26" at this point. I've heard of people putting 650b pikes on 26" bikes for future proofing, but they've an even longer AC length!

Hmm, wonder how much I'd get for the Bandit to put towards a Capra AL :D

Soldato
Here's my 1998 Kona Lavadome :) in the new static trainer gadget..

It's been a bit upgraded over the years.. SPDs, Monster shocks, XT, HollotechII, Hope Ti hub/spokes/wheels, new seat post and seat after destroying them (bent)....

Retro anyone? It may be a steel frame.. but it's lighter than most bikes out there :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom