• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
I tried Dying Light with Hitman Absolution profile and it literally ran at less than 1 frame per second.

1x1 was better, but there were weird anomalies from graphical effects that stain your vision, such as blood and water.

This is at UHD resolution by the way

The hitman profile is working for me, but it's still not ideal. I've just locked the framerate and use a single card. Runs very smooth, just not at the fps I would prefer lol.

Soldato
The last few comments that i have seen from you really looks like you are out of touch, AMD has had the Shadowplay equivalent since June last year.

I don't consider the 'Raptr' software's record function to be the equivalent of Shadowplay.

'RAPTR' software is horrible - I tried to use it for a few days, kept getting annoyed by it trying to take over my PC/Games, also the recording function is the worst I've used - I'm using OBS to record instead.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
I tried Dying Light with Hitman Absolution profile and it literally ran at less than 1 frame per second.

1x1 was better, but there were weird anomalies from graphical effects that stain your vision, such as blood and water.

This is at UHD resolution by the way

Yes Vincent i have to admit i found it worked well at 1080P/1440P but not so well at 4K.

Associate
Will removing the MSI warranty sticker void warranty on the cards? im thinking of getting one of those aio coolers because this heat is making my room smell like burnt rubber

if not im thinking of swapping them for a pair of tri x's

Caporegime
OP
Will removing the MSI warranty sticker void warranty on the cards? im thinking of getting one of those aio coolers because this heat is making my room smell like burnt rubber

if not im thinking of swapping them for a pair of tri x's

No it won't void the warranty, so long as you don't damage anything.

Soldato
I tried Dying Light with Hitman Absolution profile but i get poor FPS when going on roof tops.. using 1x1 does the same.

also turning off cf gives the same~ FPS

Caporegime
OP
I tried Dying Light with Hitman Absolution profile but i get poor FPS when going on roof tops.. using 1x1 does the same.

also turning off cf gives the same~ FPS

Try with Vsync off.

Someone noted earlier when using a single 290X that you get more fps with vsync off, think it might be bugged in the game.

thats only for US i thought?

maybe thats only with laptops/pcs

http://service.msicomputer.com/msi_user/support/TechFAQdetail.aspx?formid=3070

OcuK and MSI allow it. :)

Soldato

MSI UK's Facebook post regarding waterblocks and stock cooler removal

To be clear to those people wanting to install a GPU Waterblock on their MSI Graphics Cards...

In the EU (UK incl) if you install a Waterblock it will NOT void your warranty so long as you don't damage the Cooler or PCB in any way.

I would suggest to keep the cooler (and screws used) kept safe somewhere if you ever wanted to RMA the card to us or the place of purchase to keep your warranty intact.

https://www.facebook.com/msiuk/posts/652634514773229

Soldato
Caporegime
OP
Cool, just noticed you put the Lightning up in the MM. What clocks did that one reach? Might grab another if there's any decent one's floating about.

It's already sold I'm afraid, however it did surpass 1300 with voltage. I don't know specifics as i never spent much time using it. It had an easy life sat in the second rig browsing the internet and watching vampire diaries online. :D

Last edited:
Associate
You only had to tell it once not to 'optimize' your games and it wouldn't.

As for Raptr recording, it works flawlessly the (few) times i tried it.

Pretty much this... It's not exactly hard to not click the "optimise all" button. The recording works in the exact same way as shadowplay, how it can be considered not as good is absolutely beyond me, has worked perfectly the fine the times I have used it. I rarely use it for actual recording, as I find OBS far better due to the vast amount more options it has, but for recording replays its great.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom