Big ol' Burger Comparison Thread

Soldato
Sounds interesting - is it just the Denmark St one or both? Smoking Goat is indeed amazing - been there a couple of times - after giving up trying to get into kanada-ya - the chicken wings are immense!
They had it up on their FB page as a 'special' at Beak St yesterday. I reckon they're just doing them at both sites. I might be wrong though! It's £10 though which is a bit pricey without sides (especially when you're my girlfriend and ask for no bun :rolleyes: ). Damn good burger though.

And yes, Kanada-Ya. I've been 3 times now and absolutely love it. Their black garlic paste is godlike. But alas the queues are annoying, I've only been for an early lunch and once even at 12:15 I've been stuck waiting for 30mins!

Jealous you've eaten at Smoking Goat, but I hear they're open for lunch now so that might be do-able...

Last edited:
Soldato
They had it up on their FB page as a 'special' at Beak St yesterday. I reckon they're just doing them at both sites. I might be wrong though! It's £10 though which is a bit pricey without sides (especially when you're my girlfriend and ask for no bun :rolleyes: ). Damn good burger though.

And yes, Kanada-Ya. I've been 3 times now and absolutely love it. Their black garlic paste is godlike. But alas the queues are annoying, I've only been for an early lunch and once even at 12:15 I've been stuck waiting for 30mins!

Jealous you've eaten at Smoking Goat, but I hear they're open for lunch now so that might be do-able...

Yeah both times I've been to SG have been for lunch

Soldato
We are getting a Five Guys in Nottingham later this month, looking forward to trying it but it does seem expensive.

Red's True BBQ just opened here too, I went the first Saturday it was open and had the Juicy Lucifer burger, best burger I've had in a while! Small(ish) but packed full of toppings and flavour. http://truebarbecue.com/the-good-book/juicy-lucifer/

Not cheap, ~£50 for one starter, two mains, 2 alcoholic drinks and 1 milkshake but enjoyable.

Associate
We are getting a Five Guys in Nottingham later this month, looking forward to trying it but it does seem expensive.

Red's True BBQ just opened here too, I went the first Saturday it was open and had the Juicy Lucifer burger, best burger I've had in a while! Small(ish) but packed full of toppings and flavour. http://truebarbecue.com/the-good-book/juicy-lucifer/

Not cheap, ~£50 for one starter, two mains, 2 alcoholic drinks and 1 milkshake but enjoyable.

Red's wasn't too bad but I think I'll be sticking to Annie's - there can be a bit of a wait but the burgers are soooo much better :)

Associate
Anyone any recomendations for some were to eat near York Trainstation?

Going on Saturday for a day out with a friend. Found some were called gibson's which looks ok, but thought I'd ask the wisdom of OCUK :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
*cough* self-promotion *cough*

Almost went to Solita in Didsbury at the weekend but ended up going to the Laundrette in Chorlton instead for the most greasy pizza ever made. Wish I'd stuck with Solita tbh.

Associate

I had a couple of hours to kill on Monday when I was in Nottingham, remembered your post and thought I'd check it out. I really liked it!

I went for the pulled pork 'switch' with onion rings and chips - a bit pedestrian considering what else is on the menu but it was really good and the two giant onion rings were the same size as the burger buns!

I also liked that the table had five different bbq sauces to choose from so you can flavour your food to taste.

The unisex loos were interesting too!

And on topic, the Nottingham Five Guys should soon be open ;)

Soldato
Glad to hear you enjoyed it! Yeah they really (loos) confused me which doesn't take a lot :p I think I went to the right part of them though, the 'sinks' are weird too. The sauces were fantastic!

Last edited:
Associate
Build a burger in belfast is really awsome, its a subway style place.. pick your bap.. pick froma selection of beef/chicken/pulled pork or specialty meats like venison, then the range of salads and sauces are way to many to name, but they include gummy bears... yes people ask for gummy bears lol

I go for the double stack beef with bluecheese sauce on the bap, with bacon, rocket, pickles, smoked cheese with chips covered with bacon n cheese with soem mayo

mmmmmm

Back
Top Bottom