• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** TITANX **

Sem

Sem

Soldato
As much as I would love to get one of these I can't justify spending close to a grand for a graphics card. I will just regret it when in 2 years time it has been relegated to the bargain basement and everyone has moved on.

2 years? :D Will be junk long before that this is exactly why i hate these massively overpriced gpus and i will spend a max of £400-£450 per card as i mostly do SLI

they just depreciate/made obsolete too quickly

Nvidia trying to emulate Intel with a 1k part but Intel and their extreme CPUS are different as they hold value a lot longer and can be good for up to 5 years in some cases

a bet a 990x is still a decent cpu even today

Soldato
No one buys a Titan for their value, it's all about showing off. A 295x2 is way better value than Titan. I'm just gonna sit tight and wait for AMD to show off their offerings because I will bet money on the fact that they will destroy the Titan X in price/perf while still giving good 4K performance (60fps).

Associate
No one buys a Titan for their value, it's all about showing off. A 295x2 is way better value than Titan. I'm just gonna sit tight and wait for AMD to show off their offerings because I will bet money on the fact that they will destroy the Titan X in price/perf while still giving good 4K performance (60fps).

all current cards including TX are outdated
I am waiting for Pascal 2016 3D memory and NVlink = beast

Soldato

Original titan was a useful card because it was a gaming powerhouse and a cheap way to get solid compute ability compared to the £4-5k pro cards. They've ripped the professional out of this one and made it a super fast gaming card only. Apart from the 0.1% and pro benchmarkers I don't see a reason to buy it.

They'll make a killing.

Soldato
Looking at 2560*1440 benchmarks, 980 SLI wipes the floor with this card for less money. At that res the 12gb is nothing but vanity.

Double the price for a 30% performance increase over a 980 makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Mobster
Soldato
£799 is awesome, well done to Nvidia for setting the price at a great price point and OCUK for not ripping the pish. I do realise there's £999 cards but for there to be a TX at £799 is awesome really.

Could I get £799 for my 980's ? :D:D

Back
Top Bottom