US: Fear the Walking Dead

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Did you guys hear there going to be a parallel walking dead spinoff show which will fill inbetween Seasons starting later in the year. It be based in the walking dead world but will start fresh with a totally separate group independent from Rick's lot and also not based from the comic book.

Fear the Walking Dead

Last edited:

R3X

R3X

Soldato
I hope when the walking dead finishes filming its current season Fear the walking dead comes on....

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP
I hope when the walking dead finishes filming its current season Fear the walking dead comes on....

That is what is going to happen. Similar with shield and agent Carter between seasons. So walking dead 2 seasons long ;)

Permabanned
It be based in the walking dead world but will start fresh with a totally separate group independent from Rick's lot and also not based from the comic book.

This one is set just after the outbreak while the world is just going to crap instead of after when everyone is dead.

Caporegime
This one is set just after the outbreak while the world is just going to crap instead of after when everyone is dead.

Surely that's a really small time frame?

In the series Jenner says it is "Day 194 since wildfire was declared and 63 days since the disease abruptly went global"

I think this will be the first of many spin offs in different settings. It's just too popular to can.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
That is what is going to happen. Similar with shield and agent Carter between seasons. So walking dead 2 seasons long ;)

Awesome need my tv series fixes walking dead never disapoints same with AoS need to catch up with a marathon of carter too !

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
OP

Actually it not that different as that is how the walking dead first started off. Except they used Rick's coma to speed things along. So in a way this will be the start and perhaps a bit more focus on the initial outbreak.

Apparently this will catch up in time but the producers has stated that this will be entirely separate and the individual groups won't meet.......... For now ;)

Permabanned
Actually it not that different as that is how the walking dead first started off. Except they used Rick's coma to speed things along. So in a way this will be the start and perhaps a bit more focus on the initial outbreak.

Apparently this will catch up in time but the producers has stated that this will be entirely separate and the individual groups won't meet.......... For now ;)

Which is basically what i said :p

The first season is only 6 episodes. If they keep each season short i imagine is can last quite a while before catching up. Quite smart tbh as TWD will only stay as popular as it is for a finite amount of time and having this one full of fresh actors and, hopefully, a different vibe let's them milk the gravy train more before it runs dry.

Caporegime
There's only so many stories you can tell about a zombie apocalypse.

TWD has been in a deja-vu loop for ages now. The story practically writes itself.

Rick's group find other group, other group turns out to be "bad", Rick and co break out (optionally killing everyone) and hit the road again.

That's it. They are doing this over and over.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Yeah accept perhaps ricks team are the bad ones now ;)

It is a bit deja-vu about a team looking for hope where none may lie but its still one of the best shows currently out there.

This new series sounds more family orientated but could end up very similar, guess when they are on the road and on the move its the only way to keep interest and make sure the show survives.

Soldato
I hope they focus on the weeks leading up to the outbreak and the pandemic the world goes through, i hope it doesn't start a few weeks after the outbreak.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
Looking at the promo trailer I think that is exactly what it does, shows streets blocked and protest and anarchy at least.... according to another poster on the main twd thread he said its set 2 years before twd, so we should hopefully see the initial outbreak and madness, july is a long way away :(

Back
Top Bottom