GTA V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
I do need a new card, I would also like to game at 1440p.

970 or a 290x isn't going to work is it? I really don't want to spend much more than £200 really..

Associate
I wouldn't be able to justify buying a card that costs around the same or more than a PS4. The 250 mark would be the maximum for me.

Associate
My PC gets very dusty after 3 days. I have to vacuum out the dust that's stuck in the front mesh panel. It's the front fans sucking the dust in, but luckily there's a dust filter there.

I can't be bothered opening it up, I'll probably dust it out when I feel it's affecting temperatures.

Last edited:
Associate
My PC gets very dusty after 3 days. I have to vacuum out the dust that's stuck in the front mesh panel. It's the front fans sucking the dust in, but luckily there's a dust filter there.

I can't be bothered opening it up, I'll probably dust it out when I feel it's affecting temperatures.

I use one of the Metro Datavac blowers, Good but expensive.

Soldato
I keep hoping a 290x 8GB will pop up on the MM I'd jump at that.

The 8GB version only makes sense if you are gonna run multiple cards at really high resolutions. 4GB is plenty.

I wouldn't be able to justify buying a card that costs around the same or more than a PS4. The 250 mark would be the maximum for me.

For £250 you could get a beastly card that would outlast the PS4. And get 60fps.

http://www.reddit.com/r/GrandTheftA..._v_for_pc_is_going_to_use_vulkan_api/.compact

Did amd's Roy just confirm GTA v to be using Vulcan api either at release which I doubt but maybe in the future?

No, if you read further down he was just correcting the guy's use of mantle as vulcan is the successor to it.

Associate
I use one of the Metro Datavac blowers, Good but expensive.
Looks really good and it won't be harmful to the PC. They're going for around £85 on Amazon.

Not a bad investment I suppose if it will be used every week.

For £250 you could get a beastly card that would outlast the PS4. And get 60fps.

Yeah that should get me a decent card. I'm going to wait till next year to upgrade, I want to see what CPU's AMD brings out in 2016 then I'll upgrade all at once.

Soldato
It's like the people who buy big 3 litre powerful cars but can't afford the petrol :D

Very good - I like it ;)

I see it too. Though I think he spent all his money going from 970 to 980 for that 0.5GB of vram! (nvidia must have made a small fortune)

I also see he misspelt "Xonar"

I think Neil was lucky enough to have a giga 970 with Samsung ram too?

Soldato
Anyone else lost interest in this game?

I loved the series but the length of time taken for this to be released on PC has made me lose quite a bit of interest in it, we've waited so long now waiting a bit longer until it has been reduced to ~£20 won't make any difference.

Associate
Anyone else lost interest in this game?

I loved the series but the length of time taken for this to be released on PC has made me lose quite a bit of interest in it, we've waited so long now waiting a bit longer until it has been reduced to ~£20 won't make any difference.

Not lost all interest but not acceptable to release a game in 2015 that was done in 2013 for consoles. I just hope there is very little bugs considering the wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom